Senior Manager, Risk Management
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
We are looking for a Senior AI researcher to join our AI research team, this is a world-class team of data scientists that helps American Express accelerate its digital transformation. You will be challenged with designing winning data products and developing new big data capabilities that will elevate American Express to the forefront of the digital revolution.
How we serve our customers is constantly evolving and is a challenge we gladly accept. Whether you’re finding new ways to prevent identity fraud or enabling customers to start a new business, you can work with one of the most valuable data sets in the world to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. And, with opportunities to learn from leaders who have defined the course of our industry, you can grow your career and define your own path. Find your place in risk and analytics on #TeamAmex.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Help a team of data scientists to design new data products and develop new big data capabilities
- Provide thought leadership for research in machine learning and data science
- Routinely use and further enhance advanced machine learning/AI and statistical learning methods
- Leverage the cloud and high performance computing platforms
- Leverage in-house, external and other open source machine learning software/algorithms
- Collaborate with global modelling teams to drive usage and adoption of new data products and capabilities
- Understand and leverage new data sources and integrate traditional structured data with unstructured data
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field. PhD or Master candidates with expected completion date in 2023 or 2024
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and statistical modelling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning. These methods include (but not limited to) regression analysis, clustering, outlier detection, novelty detection, decision trees, collaborative filtering, nearest neighbours, support vector machines, ensemble methods and boosting, neural networks and deep learning, feature selection, factorization methods
- Exceptional programming skills in Python
- Strong knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc
- Experience with distributed computing environments (including HPC and Hadoop) and cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services/AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Proven records of published papers/patents
- Ability of formulating business problem in proper machine learning framework and deliver the solution independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills
- Ability of explaining complex concepts and technical materials to non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with a strong attention to detail
- Proven work experience working in the area of machine learning and data science is a plus
- Expertise in working with at least one deep learning framework is a plus
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org