Senior Information Security Analyst
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
American Express is looking for a Senior Information Security Analyst to be a technical lead in our Cyber Fusion Center. The team provides rapid investigation and response to cyber security incidents which impact American Express globally. The Senior Information Security Analyst will serve as a leader and will be responsible for handling escalated security incidents, performing investigations, and driving operational maturity. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive world-class team, this could be the role for you.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Provide advanced technical oversight and support to Information Security Analysts conducting cyber incident investigations
- Maintain awareness of real-world infosec threats and engage in the innovation of new analytic methods for detecting threats
- Support senior leadership in continuous development of incident response capabilities
- Coach and mentor Information Security Analysts
- Participate in rotational weekend coverage
- Substantial Information Security experience and technical understanding, including:
- Network, endpoint and OSINT security tools
- A range of cloud, Mac, Linux and Windows platforms
- Excellent business and technical risk analysis and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including in high pressure situations
- Committed to continuous learning and professional development, and passionate about developing others
- Experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Incident Response Team (CSIRT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC), or Cyber Fusion Center
- Security industry certification (CISSP, CEH, OSCP, CCNP Security, GCFE, GCFA, GNFA, GREM)
- Specialism in one or more security domains (e.g platform hardening, vulnerability management, penetration testing, applied cryptography, network/application traffic control, forensics, or exploits and malware.)
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Support for financial-well-being and retirement
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
Flexible work arrangements and schedules with hybrid and virtual options with Amex Flex
Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
Career development and training opportunities
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact - every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org