Register your interest for a Statistician role in our Late phase Vaccine and Immune therapies team
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Register your interest for a Statistician role in our Late phase Vaccine and Immune Therapies team
Location: Macclesfield (UK)
Competitive salary and benefits
Are you a Statistician – experienced or in the beginning of your career? Do you have an appetite to use statistical methods to develop life-changing medicines? If you would like to apply your expertise in a global company pushing the boundaries of science – join us!
A dedicated BioPharmaceuticals Research & Development organisation, we accelerate promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programmes. From discovery to late-stage development, we always follow the science.
We are offering opportunities for Statisticians and Statistical Leaders at several different career levels, depending on your previous experience. Our Vaccine and Immune Therapies Biometrics team is dedicated to the development of innovative vaccines and treatments for Infectious diseases. You will join a global, diverse and cross-functional environment where you will get personal and professional development.
Welcome to Cambridge (UK), one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
In this role, we will give you the chance to utilise your statistical expertise in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trial programs; submission and defence of regulatory filings; and the generation of evidence to support product commercialisation and reimbursement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will use your statistical know-how to contribute to the design and progress of clinical trial programs. You may already be equipped to lead statistical employees, either by technical leadership or line management. We offer a role suited perfectly for your competence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to or lead the statistical thinking, analysis and reporting to relevant groups in product and study teams
- Develop design options and provide high-quality information for the business through partnership with internal and external experts
- Representing AstraZeneca to Health Authorities and Reimbursement & Payer Organisations for specific projects
- Apply expert skills to investigate and use standard, as well as novel, statistical approaches for relevant statistical issues
We are looking for an individual who can focus on solving challenging problems through teamwork and partnerships. You are a specialist, or seek to be a specialist in your field, and you know that the best results are achieved by utilising the strengths of every individual.
- You have a Master’s or Doctorate degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar area
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians
- You must possess prior experience working on Vaccine clinical trials.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Our dedicated Biometrics page https://careers.astrazeneca.com/biometrics
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.