Service Desk Technical & Automation lead
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Service Desk technical & Automation Technical lead
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Close Date: 7/ 10 / 2022
About the enterprise technology services team
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a solid focus on experience.
It’s a dynamic and exciting environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
This is what you’ll do
Service Desk Technical & Automation lead will be a subject matter expert in the processes and products that are used to run and develop the Virtual Assistant and Agent Workspace, including the associated functionality including Predictive Intelligence, Advanced Work Assignment and other new features, products, or content within ServiceNow. The role will also look for automation and improvement opportunities in other applications. These ultimately underpin the service experience for our colleagues and support IT automation, efficiencies in ways of working and self-service strategy. The role will also provide insights for continual service improvement in the SME areas. This role will be part of a team that will also support the governance of the specific shared products across the AZ business functions utilizing them ensuring a collaborative and seamless approach to change or new features launched.
- ServiceNow be an SME for the development of content and full lifecycle for the continued development of Agent Workspace, Virtual Agent and any new functionality for contact channel strategies.
- Automation – fully exploit functionality to increase automation through products like Virtual Agent, Predictive Intelligence, Agent Workspace to support self-service and improve efficiencies.
- Service Design – Accountability for full lifecycle of Automation opportunities, from Initial Design and Build to deployment including, testing, point of contact to handle any issues or change requirements, continuing to develop knowledge and subject matter expertise across technologies. Creation of supporting process and training documentation to ensure optimal usage of any new tooling or automation
- Service Experience Analysis and Insight – work collaboratively with identified teams to drive improvement of existing measures through analysis of data, observing service experience issues and opportunities for improving. Deliver regular updates on product usage and trends, any hot topics, future content needs, liaison with project teams for services launching through Service Introduction and Service Design processes, ensuring we have launch content where appropriate.
- Continuous Service Improvement – ensure all facets of the contact channels delivered align to world class service experience and simplification, through review of outputs and from customer feedback.
- Knowledge Management – fully understand the knowledge management lifecycle and how the continued development of knowledge centric support will lead alignment to the continued development of Virtual Assistants and how content is used, presented, and needs to flex. Support campaign features.
- Communications – ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels of the business and with our vendor/business partners and other Service Desk Teams globally.
Candidate Focus & Challenge:
- Contribute to the strategy development for Contact Channel services to agree the optimal roadmap
- Manage escalations from colleagues or stakeholders about our automated content.
- Establish relationships with global Service Desk teams so that global content can also meet local needs. Ensure that processes are aligned, tools are being used consistently and requirements are communicated effectively.
- Support generation of multi-lingual content creation, behaviours and implementation.
- Ensure the contact channels align to the Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, and Request Fulfilment processes.
- Participate in Service Boards to ensure that service experience activities are effectively addressed.
- Participate in Service Acceptance and Service Design processes to ensure that automated contact channels are properly considered as part of go-live of services.
- Establish relationships with ServiceNow Product Owners to coordinate activities for shared products.
- Ensure that, in all aspects of the role, compliance is maintained with the guidelines that regulate AstraZeneca’s business (e.g. SoX and GxP).
- Deliver any materials or documentation needed to support the contact channel processes including thinking about New Starters and ongoing refresh to existing user interactions.
- Development a reporting capability to look at user behaviour, click-thru rates, trends, hot topics, content unmet needs, successful channel journeys etc.
ServiceNow / Automation
- Fully understand the new functionality that is available, understand how best to deploy and exploit. This should include Agent Workspace, Virtual Agents and Predictive Intelligence.
- Support the development of a strategic Automation Roadmap to enhance all available contact channels
- Develop skills to contribute to the ServiceNow Super User forum
- Support all testing activities to ensure smooth ServiceNow upgrades, enhancements and defects.
- Ensure usage of the Service Catalogue and self-service capabilities continues to evolve to support the most efficient ways of working.
Function / Team / Location / Collaborators
- The Service Experience Automation & Insights Manager will be a member of the Remote Channels Team and reports to the Remote Channels Lead.
- The Service Desk & Self-service services are primarily 24x7x365 services.
- The key partners for this role are:
- Service Experience Director
- IT Service Process Leads
- Site IT Technical Teams
- Service Design & Transition Lead
- IT Portal, Request & Knowledge Lead
- This role will be located in Macclesfield, Cheshire
Essential Skills & Experience required:
- A passion for delivering world-class service continually challenging and driving change in pursuit of the experience.
- Experience of ServiceNow ITSM Toolset or similar products for channel technology
- Higher level qualifications or demonstrable experience in Analytics (or equivalent).
- Proven Business Analysis experience, relating data to business processes.
- Demonstrable experience of using analytical tools (including Excel) to structure, transform, and visually represent data clearly, meaningfully and in a way appropriate to the audience.
- Previous experience of deploying Automation technologies with proven results
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in diverse, multinational teams, across time zones.
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience, a can-do attitude and willingness to take the initiative.
- Mentally resilient, with a positive approach, even when setbacks/ hurdles occur
- Solid ability to manage competing priorities to successful delivery and working to deadlines.
Desirable capabilities and skills:
- Fluent English (written and spoken) another language would be beneficial but not crucial
- Working knowledge of Service Desk and Contact Channels used in large corporate environment
- Demonstrable experience of supporting service improvements
- Knowledge or experience of process improvement techniques, such as Six Sigma or LEAN
- Customer Service Management background or accreditation desirable
- Experience in analysis of IT customer contacts
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation desirable
- Experience of ServiceNow Performance Analytics
Why join us
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new ground-breaking technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.