Global Clinical Program Lead - Vaccines & Immune Therapies
Location: Cambridgeshire, Durham, North Carolina, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: Global Clinical Program Lead (GCPL – Vaccines & Immune Therapies
Locations: Cambridge (UK), Gothenburg (Sweden), Gaithersburg (US), Durham (US) Wilmington (US)
Salary: Competitive, with excellent company benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Global Clinical Programs? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Clinical Program in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we are not afraid to do things differently. We are resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
The Vaccines and Immune Therapies unit has been created to optimize AstraZeneca’s portfolio of vaccines and antibodies for infectious diseases. The creation of this unit reflects AstraZeneca’s strong commitment and focus on this area, developing and implementing scientific advancements, while positively impacting the lives of patients worldwide.
What you’ll do
As a Global Clinical Program Lead, you will play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. The Biopharmaceuticals Research & Development, Late-stage Development, Vaccines and Immune (V&I) function drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, including RSV, influenza & COVID-19, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them.
The Global Clinical Program Lead is responsible for managing global or regional therapeutic or research projects or acting as an expert involved in the design, conduct, monitoring, data interpretation and reporting of individual clinical trials. You will ensure projects adhere to Good Clinical Practice and regulatory requirements. In this role you will be able to deputize for the global clinical head (GCH) and independently lead development activities for an indication or subset of the clinical development plan. You will be responsible for overseeing development of the functional strategy or acting as a renowned expert in your own field.
- Defines strategies or leads AstraZeneca’s response to complex technical issues for specific medical aspects in relation to current projects, new projects and broader therapeutic area strategy
- Provides expert advice in the therapeutic area, influencing the development according to the global business and Global Clinical Development plan
- Closely follows medical developments within assigned areas and disseminates new information within Clinical Development to transform trends and emerging data into new plans
- Liaises with the internal and external medical community to follow developments within areas of expertise
- Contributes to or manages the development of the senior management team in area of expertise
- Leads regulatory communication and preparation of higher-level documents
- Supports the development of clinical documents in assigned project
Essential for the role
- Physician with specialist training in Infectious Diseases/Pulmonary medicine/ allergy/ immunology /internal medicine OR a scientist with a higher degree and significant clinical development experience in the above specialties
- Minimum of 3 and ideally more than 5 years in Industry, with experience in leading clinical trials to support approval (Phase 2-4)
- Experience in leading a clinical program to support an indication, including overall design, clinical development plan and Target Product Profile
- Experience in writing clinical aspects of briefing documents for regulatory interactions and played a critical role in writing sections of a submission dossier
- Previous experience in working cross functionally including leading cross functional study teams
- General understanding of medical statistics, safety, regulatory requirements.
Desirable for the role
- PhD in scientific discipline
- Extensive general medical knowledge
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have a seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Please apply, uploading your CV by Monday the 7th of November 2022
As we review applications on an ongoing basis, we reserve the right to close the advert at any point.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.