Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader, GI Strategy Lead
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise in, and interest in for leading Medical Affairs teams in Oncology? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
We are seeking a Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL), GI Tumor Strategy Lead to join us at one of our dynamic sites in either the greater DC Metro area in Gaithersburg MD, or Cambridge, UK! The Senior GMAL is a member of the Tumor area medical leadership team and will work with Medical Asset leads to ensure a global comprehensive overarching strategy is in place. This position will build collaborative relationships with other Medical teams throughout the business to ensure overall strategies are aligned.
What You'll Do:
Serving as the Strategic leader the key tasks include:
- Developing along with the Tumor VP and Emerging Portfolio and Tumor leadership team the Medical vision for the specific tumor area, ensuring alignment with both the global medical vision and key internal partners.
- Lead the development and execution of the Medical Tumor Lead Engagement and Communication plan/strategy connecting Global Medical with In-Market Medical Teams.
- Represent the Tumor area externally becoming a point of reference for the organization
- Monitor the competitive landscape and analyze the development of external tumor strategies, using insights to inform and evolve the AZ Medical tumor strategy and establish priorities
- Accountable for senior stakeholder mapping and plans, ensuring consistency of messaging and avoiding duplicative efforts.
- Lead scientific exchanges with tumor experts internally and externally in order to strengthen key opinion leader customer management and engagement.
- Help coordinate key symposia’s/congresses/conferences for the Tumor assets/AZ Presence
- Lead on the creation of above asset, Tumor business cases to gain approval for AZ funding of additional studies to enable shift of clinical practice
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent medical/scientific qualifications and/or significant industry and/or therapeutic experience.
- At least 6 years of senior/specialized experience within pharma/life sciences and/or medical experience (e.g. significant clinical/academic/medical affairs agency roles/organizations)
- Experience and ability to lead and provide strategic leadership across functional working groups and teams within a complex matrix organization
- Strong customer and communication skills with a strong situational Influencing style/ability
- Expertise in product launches and/or mature brand development
- Strong experience of large market and/or global branding medical drugs within a pharmaceutical industry/oncology setting
- Demonstrable track record of successfully developing and carrying out Medical Plans and strategies both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications, and external expert engagements.
- Advanced Scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, MD)
- Oncology medical experience and/or clinical lab experience
- Cross Asset/Tumor Medical Strategy experience is advantageous and highly desirable
- Preferred 2 years Global/Regional Medical leadership experience or 2+ years in a Senior Leadership Role in a large market
- Country launch experience.
- Direct management experience.
Are you ready to bring insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours. Apply today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.