Associate Director, Patient Safety Business Relationships
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Job Title: Associate Director, Patient Safety Business Relationships
Location: Onsite with flexibility in Gaithersburg MD OR Waltham MA OR Cambridge UK
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AZ, we're proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel
valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity!
We are currently looking for an Associate Director Patient Safety Business Relationships. This role requires specialization knowledge in pharmacovigilance to work with the PV Business Development Lead, providing subject matter expertise to efficiently negotiate optimal contracts for AZ whilst establishing excellent alliance relationships across a broad set of stakeholders including internal cross functional stakeholders, subsidiaries, and external third-party partners (vendor and nonvendor). Through the use of governance, alliance management, standardization and alignment, the individual will ensure delivery to functional and business strategy in the most efficient lowest risk manner.
Lead pharmacovigilance workstream team to ensure successful portfolio and non-portfolio externalization project delivery; develop and run plans to achieve externalization objectives and support milestone DP process for select opportunities, including identification of issues and risks and options to mitigate them.
- Apply technical and functional knowledge to design, and oversee team delivery of, project plans that will enable meeting PV related objectives associated with L&A objectives
- Develop innovative options to resolve complex problems. Ability to navigate and lead others in ambiguous situations.
- Apply project management expertise and concepts to all L&A activities and deliverables including metrics/dashboard updates and maintenance of the L&A Tracker and document libraries
- Share best practices and provide mentorship to others
- Support Licensing and Acquisitions projects/tasks, as assigned, including attendance/participation in cross functional team meetings
- Build positive relationships with our customers and stakeholders across AZ to drive collaborative partnership with PV BD team
- Promote awareness and understanding of relevant PV related processes and deliverables essential to AstraZeneca’s Pharmacovigilance and regulatory LTO responsibilities to ensure effective collaboration and critical inputs with key internal/external interfaces
- Provide customers with expert advice, mentorship and interpretation of PV/PS matters pertaining to Business Development Agreements. Applying advanced knowledge, serve as advisor as appropriate for PV strategies developed with Business Units in regards to alliance practices, externalization operating models for PV, and implementation of best practices
- Uses a variety of communication tools and techniques to develop, refine, and apply critical success factors with relevant functional lines to support Partner relationships including:
- metrics management, governance, communication pathways, issue resolution
- develop innovative and original ideas to set tactical approaches and drive more effective operational plans for delivery of PV activities for L&A projects
- exercises foresight and judgment utilizing comprehensive breadth of knowledge and prior work experience to identify new continuous improvement opportunities and drive implementation
- seek personal and professional development opportunities, and share knowledge gained in open forums
- contribute to communication and change management activities associated with processes and partnering initiatives
- 10% travel may be required
Key Skills Required:
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in science/pharmacy/nursing
- At least 7 years relevant experience, 10+ years preferred, in a medium to large scale matrix organization including applicable compliance related field and/or equivalent time and experience in a related R&D area is required (pharmaceutical, regulatory, safety and partnership)
- Knowledge of the drug development process, good knowledge of worldwide GxP compliance regulations, sound research and development practices, scientific and quality terminology, and quality evaluation techniques
- Strong personal leadership with proficiency interfacing with all levels of the organization including senior leaders
- Strong networking and relationship building skills;
- Highly resilient
- Trusted with sensitive information
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical behavior
- Ability to build an open and inviting environment
- Embraces generational and cultural differences
- Experience in R&D, across all product life-cycle phase requirements to drive Regulatory/PS/PV support, strategy and risk assessment.
- Proactive strategic thinker with strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Highly committed to quality
- Excellent communicator and presenter, with excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Employer of Choice - Competitive salary and benefits package apply
AstraZeneca offers a total rewards program that addresses competitive compensation, bonus and equity shares in the business. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental and life insurances, plus a generous paid time off program and let's not forget the array of other benefits you can utilize based upon your personal wants and needs.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and we embrace diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.