Scientist Oncology Safety Science, Clinical Pharmacology & Safety Sciences - 18 Month FTC
Job Type: Full time
Scientist Oncology Safety Science, Clinical Pharmacology & Safety Sciences 18 Month FTC
Salary & Benefits Competitive
Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
Join a key international site for AstraZeneca. Discover countless opportunities to grow and develop your personal career, experience and skills.
Always advancing our scientific knowledge and helping to shape the future of healthcare for the greatest and swiftest impact on disease.
We are seeking highly motivated, skilled Scientists with experience in cell biology.
You will perform in vitro investigative studies to seek a mechanistic understanding of toxicities from projects developing novel biopharmaceutical oncology medicines, building new in vitro methods predictive of undesired in vivo effects.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of Scientists to apply ground-breaking technologies and push the boundaries of predictive safety science with our vision in mind: to deliver innovative safety science to help restore oncology patient's lives and eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to work within a vibrant group at the leading edge of their field to support drug safety assessments, a critical component of the drug discovery and development process.
What you will be doing
You will be a member of the Oncology Safety Combinations team within Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences. Together with other hands-on lab scientists you will apply primary bone marrow 2D in vitro and 3D advanced microphysiological systems to the discovery and development of safe and effective candidate drugs either as monotherapies or in combination.
Specifically you will
- Work in close collaboration with Discovery Safety Specialists and other team members to set and answer critical project safety questions
- Actively contribute to the experimental design, practical delivery and interpretation of data
- Apply your expert knowledge and address capability gaps by contributing to the further development of our platforms, developing new endpoints and incorporating mechanistic biomarkers
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards
- A BSc in cellular biology, pharmacology, immunology, toxicology or similar field
- Ability to understand biology around novel targets and pathways to drive scientific testing
- Strong laboratory-based skills in in vitro and/or advanced cell-based models
- Expertise in the design and execution of in-vitro experiments to determine the effects of molecules on biological systems
- Proven experience in laboratory cellular biology techniques applied to development of physiologically relevant cellular assays to evaluate biological mechanisms (e.g. confocal imaging, western blotting and/or flow cytometry)
- An innovative and creative mind-set, combined with scientific excellence and problem solving skills
- Experience of collaborating and communicating effectively with a diverse range of multidisciplinary colleagues
- An awareness of new in vitro methodologies through literature and networking
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, innovative scientist with a collaborative mentality and a desire to drive personal development
- At least two years of post-graduate experience
- Practical experience and scientific knowledge of in vitro models of haematopoiesis
- Experience of 3D microphysiological systems
- Understanding of the drug discovery process from experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or collaborations
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So, what’s next?
Complete your application before the below closing date.
This role is open from 06/09/2022, we welcome your application no later than 27/09/2022
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.