Data Curation Business Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Data Curation Business Analyst
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued.
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve. It propels each of us forward, harnessing our differences to unlock challenges and bring new solutions.
Unleash your curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit to uncover new insights that challenge conventions. Here we are forever pushing the boundaries as we feel comfortable spotting opportunities, making quick decisions and taking sensible risks.
Within Data Office, your role is Data Curation Business Analyst, a member of a dedicated Data Curation Team. This team perform data curation and FAIRification activities for AstraZeneca R&D, supporting data-driven science across our key therapy areas and all stages of drug discovery and development.
As a Business Analyst, you will support two key themes of work. First, you will support end-to-end requirements engineering activities for our highest priority and potentially complex data curation and cataloguing projects.
Second, you will be aligned to driving improvement of the Data Curation Team operations including defining and monitoring team performance against important metrics, conducting process improvements in response to additional data scope, new team capabilities, evolving data governance and policies.
In addition to core business analysis skills, to be successful in this role, you must demonstrate an excellent ability to communicate and analyse partner needs across a broad range of disciplines and have a passion for driving business value to customer groups.
In performing this role, your work will enable efficient data curation activities, ensuring that standardised representation of data enables our scientists in their work, in turn, driving innovative science and ultimately, creation of novel life-changing medicines for patients globally.
- Supporting our engagement leads to scope-out data curation and cataloguing projects with R&D collaborators.
- Partner analysis
- Developing and completing business analysis plans to drive success of data curation projects.
- End-to-end requirements engineering for data curation & cataloguing projects, including planning and running requirements analysis activities (e.g., interviews, workshops), analysing user requirements and requirements documentation.
- Following projects through to completion and ensuring our R&D partners achieve their desired outcomes, feeding back to the team and helping to plan tactical and strategic improvements.
- As-is and to-be process mapping in response to additional data scope, new team and technology capabilities and
- Helping the operations team lead to establish critical metrics and subsequently monitoring team performance and evolving data governance and policies.
- Have a minimum of three years as a business analyst with a track record of successful business change project work.
- Hold a degree or equivalent in a scientific, technical or engineering subject area.
- Business process modelling notation.
- Strong requirements gathering technique.
- Ability to structure and generate robust and testable requirements.
- Collaborator analysis and management capabilities.
- Hold an industry recognised qualification in business analysis, e.g., BCS or IIBA.
- Experience from Pharma industry (i.e. GCp, GxP) is significant advantage.
- Experience working with data management frameworks such as FAIR is a significant advantage.
- Experience working with data-related legislation and policy (e.g., GDPR) an advantage.
Why we love it
If your passion is science and you want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients’ lives, then there’s no better place to be. Here we truly understand science and apply it every day to strengthen and grow our pipeline.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.