Senior Business Improvement Specialist
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Senior Business Improvement Specialist
Macclesfied (UK), Guadalajara (Mex) or Chennai (India)
Close date: 3rd October 2022
Competitive salary and benefits
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
The Senior Business Improvement specialist role is responsible for ensuring appropriate application of Lean/Six Sigma, andProcess Management and Improvement tools and is expected to provide leadership in these areas. The role reports intoAssociate Director – Business Improvement. Actively drives multiple initiatives and monitors a range of projects involvingbusinessimprovementsandcoachesjuniorstaff.Recognisedexpertwithinownfieldandoftenfirstpointofcontactfor specialistqueries.
- Ability to identify, scope and develop business process improvement opportunities in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Leads and implements globally agreed Business Improvement strategies including process and technology related tothefunction
- ActsasasourceofknowledgeinoneormoreareasofBusinessImprovement,definingandcommunicatingcurrentandfuturebusiness improvement needs and opportunities
- Prioritises business improvement issues and delivers own business improvement findings and recommendations to across-functionalteam
- Enables cross-functional sharing of business improvement ideas by ensuring adequate systems and processes forrecordingdatain a centrallyaccessiblemanner
- Supportsprojectmanagersinimplementingchangestoimprovetheway variousfunctionsandteamsperform
- Oversees specialised research to deliver new proposals, and amalgamates findings so they can be used to underpinnewbusiness initiatives
- Co-ordinates the development and presentation of process improvements against the problem statements clearly articulating the impact/so what of process improvements
- Keepsownknowledgeofbest practicesonbusinessinformationandintelligencesuchasLeanSigmaprocesscurrent
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions, unlocking the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
So are you ready to start your journey? Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch soon.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.