Program Manager, Translational Genomics, Oncology R&D
Location: Cambridgeshire, Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Program Manager, Translational Genomics, Oncology R&D
Locations: Waltham, MA, Gaithersburg, MD, Cambridge, UK Or Barcelona, Spain
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Oncology Translational Medicine Genomics
The Translational Medicine function exists within Oncology R&D to ensure effective and strategic biomarker studies for oncology project teams. Closely interacting with the pre-clinical Discovery, Early Clinical Development, and Precision Medicine & Biosamples diagnostics functions, Translational Medicine is the single point of accountability for delivery of robust, scientifically-driven biomarkers to all Oncology project teams, providing feasibility assessments, technical validation, centralized biomarker analysis capability for clinical samples, delivery of translational science research and early clinical phase engagement.
The Global Genomics team within Translational Medicine function leverages Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other sophisticated technologies to match the right patient to the right drug and support precision oncology approaches for the AZ Oncology pipeline.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
You will be responsible for managing Translational projects of moderate complexity across multiple sites in our genomics labs using standard methodologies to plan, track and coordinate activities to appropriate partners.
- Accountable for project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure for a portfolio of Early Oncology Translational Medicine projects
- Manage interdependencies between projects and workstreams
- Maintain project trackers and related documentation; develop meeting agendas, distribute meeting notes, manage actions
- Manage changes to project scope, ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to collaborators
- Enable teams by ensuring timely access to critical data and systems and acquiring vital permissions
- Maintain relationships with scientific and business stakeholders to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project/program objectives
- Drive effective risks & issues management, ensuring processes are effectively used. Ensure problems resolved and escalate as appropriate
- Develop and maintain project dashboards, reports and metrics using Smartsheet
Essential for the role
- PhD in a related field with 1 year project or program management experience, Master’s degree in a related field with 2+ years experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5+ years proven experience
- Demonstrated success in Translational Medicine, Research or Global Program or Project Management in a pharmaceutical managing multiple projects
- Strong and demonstrable experience in leveraging project management tools to lead complex, fast paced projects – intermediate level experience with Smartsheet or equivalent
- Experience with Oncology Indications, Next Generation Sequencing, Translational Medicine and/or early stage clinical trials
- Demonstrated skills interacting with diverse stakeholder groups including senior leadership, scientific strategists, bioinformaticians, lab scientists and business operations team members applying a strong scientific background
- Strong oral and written communication skills and meeting facilitation skills (assistance with meeting agendas and follow up of actions) with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives
Desirable for the role
- Experience in project management methodologies including Waterfall (required) and Agile
- Project Management certifications preferred (PMP/CAMP, Prince, Agile – Scrum)
- Experience with MS Project, Confluence and/or Jira preferred
- Experience with generating reports and managing dashboards to ensure alignment of project teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, comfort with ambiguity
- Interest in KPI and metric development leading to process improvements
- Proven track record of relationship management, influencing and negotiating across a global organization with complex groups and multiple geographies
- A sense of ownership and enterprise leadership to deliver high quality solutions that solve business problems
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good! We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you’re curious to know more, please contact Bobbi Poole, our Talent Acquisition Partner.
Closing Date: October 16, 2022
Competitive remuneration and benefits apply
We offer a competitive Total Reward program including a market driven base salary, bonus and long term incentive. We have a generous paid time off program and a comprehensive benefits package.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.