Legal Manager, Corporate Legal
Location: Cambridgeshire, Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Legal Manager, Corporate Legal
Competitive salary and benefits apply
Location: Macclesfield or Cambridge
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person
The Legal Manager within the Corporate Legal team reports to the Assistant General Counsel, Digital, IT & Operations and works under the supervision of the senior lawyers in the Corporate Legal team, helping to manage legal risks, liaising with business functions and the broader AstraZeneca Legal function, as appropriate. The role is based in either Macclesfield or Cambridge.
- Assists AstraZeneca lawyers with corporate, commercial and project related support activities, such as drafting ancillary documents, preparing schedules and overall project management
- Assists the Senior Director, Competition Law with merger filings with and information requests and responses with various global competition authorities
- Assists the Senior Director, Operations Legal with manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Acts as primary contact for quality incidents with legal risk and advises directly or escalates within the team, as appropriate
- Supports the global employment legal group on information collection matters and project management
- Leads various knowledge management and best practice sharing initiatives within the team, including updates to deal templates, guidance documents and other tools and resources
- Acts as the primary interface in contract capability uplift initiatives by the team
- Ensures collaboration with other areas of Legal to ensure a seamless service by Legal
- Supports special projects such as supporting technology and automation initiatives and best practice sharing
Essential skills and experience:
- Law firm or in-house experience, particularly in commercial, corporate and/or contract law
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to explain often complex legal issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- Business oriented and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent drafting skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Law degree or law school qualification
- Experience of working in a global legal environment
- Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry experience
- Experience working in-house in a multinational company
- Experience working with ‘English law’ contracts
- Experience with driving adoption of legal technology
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn - LinkedIn
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - Facebook
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.