Business Support Coordinator, Vaccines and Immune Therapies
Job Type: Full time
Business Support Coordinator, Vaccines and Immune Therapies
Competitive salary and benefits apply
Here at AstraZeneca you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health and help fight and cure disease. As a Business Support Coordinator in Vaccines and Immune Therapies, you’ll play an important role in executing our scientific strategy to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Vaccines and Immune Therapies group at AstraZeneca is constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re utilizing our expertise in microbiology and vaccines to enable novel approaches to prevent and treat infectious disease. We’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules and novel biologics platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Business Support Coordinator, you will provide support to Late Vaccines and Immune Therapies leaders. This includes exercising judgment in determining priorities related to handling calendars, meeting and travel schedules, routine reporting, projects and correspondence. This position may also provide assistance to members of the Vaccines and Immune Therapies unit including recruitment and onboarding of new staff, tracking of projects, budgets, timelines, and metrics, generating reports and correspondence as assigned as well as support for project governance activities.
- Lead sophisticated calendars for our Late Vaccines and Immune Therapies VP of Clinical Development and Clinical Development leadership team to schedule meetings, interviews, conference calls, video conferences and special events; prioritize calendar conflicts
- Handle multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements as well as live and virtual meetings/conferences
- File expense reports and supply orders with accuracy and efficiency for team members, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken
- Track and support assigned internal projects and processes, such as employee recognition program and recruitment tracking; generate reports from various internal systems under tight time constraints
- Track FTE hiring / departure, temp hiring / departure against approved budget targets
- Manage team website to update content on a regular basis
- Produce accurate and properly formatted documents using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Provide project support and administration to cross-functional teams
- Project team meeting logistics (e.g. project team calendar, scheduling, room bookings, logistics, slide sharing etc.)
- Lead and coordinate logistics relating to face-to-face/virtual meetings
- Information management (e.g. SharePoint management, storing of minutes, presentations etc.) according to best practices for project teams
- Assist with governance presentation logistics and management
- Communications coordination (e.g. team communication, milestone successes etc.)
- Create and maintain team distribution lists and organizational charts
- Support and contribute to creating a high performing project team, facilitating good cross-team collaboration
- Manage & track functional PO submissions
- Effectively lead special projects and other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a senior administrative role supporting complex projects
- Prior experience supporting multiple functional leaders
- Relevant training, multitasking, certifications in software, and/or time management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels
- Ability to prioritize time critical assignments
- Experience working in a fast-paced global environment balancing competing priorities
- Experience providing high quality, professional support service, working proactively and independently without day to day direction.
- Ability to format documents for consistent, professional appearance and experience handling sensitive information in a confidential and discrete manner.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects or tasks simultaneously and efficiently, identifying high priority and urgent tasks for immediate action so that all activities are completed accurately and on time
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet changing business demands.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of virtual meeting technologies, information management software, and Microsoft products
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn - LinkedIn
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - Facebook
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.