Senior Manager, Insights & Analytics, Vaccines & Immunotherapies
Location: Cambridgeshire, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, ground-breaking and cutting-edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. AstraZeneca is organized around two core business units, BioPharmaceuticals (BBU) and Oncology. The BBU focuses on development and commercialization of AstraZeneca’s Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal, and Infectious Disease therapeutic areas.
Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the BBU business. Our ambition is to build an industry-leading organization, empowering our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients. Within GIACE, the Insights & Analytics function is organized across two teams and supports both the US and Global organizations: Respiratory, vaccines & immunotherapies Insights, Analytics & Forecasting and CVRM Insights, Analytics and Forecasting (Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal).
The aim of the Insights, Analytics, and Forecasting teams is to establish industry-leading capabilities across the core areas of analytics, forecasting, reporting, business planning, and insight capabilities. It will leverage, reapply, and advance standard methodologies in capabilities and operations from Global and US more broadly across geographies the insights, analytics, and forecasting teams also strives to scale and deploy these capabilities in a highly efficient manner so that continuous innovation can be pursued.
The Insight, analytics and forecasting teams’ partner to drive portfolio and brand strategy and performance. Together we strive to uncover deep customer insights in order to drive improved decision-making and business impact. We are looking for leaders who have the passion to drive business results and bring innovation to what we do for greater impact.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As the Insight & Analytics Senior Manager you will be accountable for developing and communicating actionable insights that effectively shape brand strategy and tactics based on a combination of primary research and secondary data across key customer targets (i.e. Physician, Patient, Nurse, etc.). In this role you will be required to design, execute and analyze qualitative and quantitative market research as well as demonstrate critical thinking skills to support brand teams in building a strong strategic business plan. This role will be required to manage external business partners/vendors and consultants, but will not have direct reports. Keys to success in this position are superlative communication, consultative and influencing skills predicated on a strong foundation across a range of primary market research experience coupled with secondary data analysis proficiency.
- Manage market research design (Qual/Quant) and execution (including vendor/project management when appropriate) with minimal supervisor
- Provide brand and market evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight
- Develop and maintain market research budgets
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process
- Coordinate strategic planning and communications for Competitive Intelligence
- Leverage/apply AZ insight best practices as appropriate
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated success in applying various primary research techniques to inform strategy in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for brand teams that result in a business decision or action
- Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with common statistical analysis and techniques
- Familiar with common sources of epidemiology and approaches to market sizing/assessment
- Ability to navigate large volumes of information and synthesize to what’s most important and actionable
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills, including leading a variety of projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
- A working knowledge of IQVIA Rx data sets, NPA, Xponent, DDD, etc
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of primary market research experience in health care industry
- 5+ years of analytical experience, 3 years in health care industry
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.