Business Planning & Implementation Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Business Planning & Implementation Lead - (9 Month FTC)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 2nd December 2022
Do you want to lead business planning and implementations across AstraZeneca's UK Oncology Business Unit?
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
We’re all here to make an impact – to achieve our bold ambition of eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
We relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our dedication means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
Trust and empowerment are paramount to the way we work – it’s what allows us to do things differently as well as be bold and creative.
Here we play a key role in driving launch and commercial effectiveness. We are passionate about setting the direction and leading the business in crafting the cancer care environment and empowering care teams.
Change the way cancer is treated by making an impact at every point in the patient journey. To ultimately deliver clinical promises to the real world, improve patient outcomes and their quality of life.
What You'll do
This is a key leadership role in AZ UK to where you will work with the Head of Innovation and Oncology Business Unit Head to support the effective management of the agenda and prioritisation of OBU activities & resources.
You will lead complex projects that address the changing environment focused on increasing business effectiveness across all functions. Take an enterprise view on priorities and initiatives and provide guidelines for the leadership team on project direction and collaborations.
Be responsible for business planning leadership across all Franchises working with the OBU Head and Franchise Heads alongside the broader Oncology LT to drive effective governance, coordination and efficiency.
Define and implement an OBU capabilities vision and strategy to ensure we have the skills and approach needed for future success.
Lead the Capabilities and Learning & Development team and ensure they effectively support and guide all functions to evolve and learn.
- Own the overall OBU Planning Calendar for driving effective governance.
- Ensure a consistent and timely approach to operational planning across OBU.
- Work with OBU Head, Oncology Medical Affairs Head & Franchise Heads to define robust business processes and review to strengthen execution and delivery of results.
- Accountable for an integration of the OBU, Franchise & Functional agendas and aligning them to OBU Strategy and Score Card.
- Optimise the interactions across OBU / AZ UK Leadership teams to drive consistency and alignments in implementing the OBU priorities and initiatives.
- Support the Head of Business Innovation and OBU Head in ensuring strategic allocation of resources and efforts to drive business results across Franchises.
- Continuously monitor & support Implementation of plans & performance across Franchises.
- Responsible for the delivery and implementation of systems and business processes that enable the OBU teams to be successful.
- Accountable for the delivery of operational projects and innovation initiatives aimed at strengthening core business capabilities.
- Responsible for the performance and line management of the Learning and Development and Capabilities team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- University degree qualification
- Strong understanding of general business and core marketing principles and their application to future healthcare market challenges
- Strong Strategic thinking and cross functional influencing skills
- Leadership capability to set direction, generate commitment and balance short and long term needs.
- Proven commercial track record
- Ability to develop compelling business cases.
- Strong analytical capability to be able to interpret data across multiple sources
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Relevant technical degree and/or MBA
- Cross Therapy Area experience
- Cross Functional experience
- Team and Strategic Leadership
- Experience using business matrics to support business cases
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.