Service Asset Configuration Management Lead
Location: Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Service Asset Configuration Management Lead
Would you like to apply your expertise to a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might just have the job for you! Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the globes leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
The Service Asset Configuration Management lead is a member of the Workplace and Enterprise Services (WES) Leadership team and reports directly into the Head of Workplace and Enterprise Services.
The Workplace & Enterprise Services (WES) teams main objective is to ensure our globally distributed workforce has the right tools and services to be most effective in their workplace. This includes end user devices and operating systems, printing, collaboration tools and conferencing. All of which must work seamlessly and continue to be current and relevant to the business.
The WES team lead the provision of Enterprise Management, Monitoring and Security tools used across the broader AZIT organization, driving availability through proactive, pre-emptive management of our infrastructure. Driving and delivering automation and optimization to the Enterprise Service Management platform (ServiceNow) ensuring that our processes are as efficient and effective as possible whilst owning the lifecycle and currency across our infrastructure, including End User, Server and Networks environments
As the Service Asset Configuration Management lead, you will be leading a small dynamic team of 5 direct reports and are responsible for delivering a Shared Service for all of IT Software and Hardware Assets (Services, Network, Devices) as well as the accuracy and completeness of all configuration items within the CMDB.
- Defines the short, medium and long term strategy for the CMDB (ServiceNow).
- Chair various governance boards focusing on the CMDB and Management of Assets.
- Responsible for the Service Asset and Configuration Management process across AZ IS and across all of the business including suppliers (application and infrastructure)
- Accountable for the end-to-end governance for Software and Hardware asset management, using discovery and automation tools to ensure accuracy and audit-ability.
- Accountable for delivering a CMDB and asset register that is accurate, effectively controlled and updated to ensure efficient and effective management of the IS estate
- Accountable for overseeing internal audits and running the plan to address findings
- Implement appropriate service asset and configuration policies and standards as required
- Engage stakeholders across AZ IS to highlight the importance and value that can be delivered by the CMDB
- First point of escalation for any issues related to the quality of data in the CMDB. Accountable for ensuring initiatives are delivered to improve data quality
- Proactively drive improvements in service asset and configuration processes and procedures
- Responsible for defining and governing performance metrics required to lead team performance and ensure effective delivery.
- Accountable and responsible for working with the Business Performance team to track and realise the benefits case stated for the CMDB
- Run governance and plans releases to ensure the configuration of Service Management toolset meet the needs of key partners, including Process Leads.
- Defines and agrees priorities and roadmap for the ServiceNow and CMDB
- Ensures continual Service Improvement methodologies are followed and continually measured demonstrated
- Recommends and implements enhancements, upgrades and fixes to the ServiceNow tool set such that there is minimal unplanned impacts on user operations.
- Demonstrable experience operating and maintaining Asset Management and CMDB (ServiceNow Preferred)
- Experience managing and developing Config management strategies in a global organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management and experience working and dealing with suppliers and vendors
- Technical knowledge of the ServiceNow platform is an advantage
- Great communication and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Experience in a globally distributed team environment.
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and ability to take the initiative.
- Ability to analyse requests or issues and deliver the best possible solution.
- Ability to prioritize, re-schedule or adapt to changes.
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations.
- Can work well in diverse, multinational teams and influence others to achieve positive outcomes.
- ITIL training (preferred)
- Experience managing services and projects in an agile DevOps environment (preferred)
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions, unlocking the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
So are you ready to start your journey? Click the link to apply, and we’ll be in touch soon.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Opening Date: 10th October 2022
Close Date: 30th November 2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.