Senior Director, Biometrics Team Leader- Late Oncology
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Senior Director, Statistics/Biometrics Team Leader – Oncology
Location: Macclesfield, UK
Competitive salary and benefits
Play a critical role in making our pipeline accessible to patients.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Biostatistics? Would you like to apply your skills to impact all phases of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team dedicated to Oncology, with an ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It’s our big vision that unites and inspires us. With multiple indications and high-quality molecules at all stages of our innovative pipeline, we keep pushing forward. Fusing ground breaking science with the latest technology to achieve breakthroughs. Backed by investment, we are aiming to deliver 6 new molecular entities by 2025.
We work on some of the most complex and interesting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide
range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
The Oncology Biometrics Team Leader reports to the Head of Oncology Statistics and is accountable for operational planning and delivery of the Statistics contribution to the development plans for projects in the Oncology therapeutic area.
They are accountable for the quality of the quantitative decision-making criteria for their Oncology clinical development plans presented at senior level governance meetings and to ensure the appropriate use of innovative statistical trial designs, analysis tools and data processes to clearly and robustly address the objectives of clinical studies and development programs.
They are accountable for the accurate interpretation and communication of their trial results internally and externally.
They establish dynamic collaboration with the Oncology statistics group for the agile and flexible deployment of resources. They ensure the management, attraction, recruitment, development, retention and growth of key talent for the Oncology Statistics team.
Essential requirements for the role:
- MSc/PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics and/or other relevant fields
- Experience of pharma and the life sciences, with a comprehensive understanding of the R&D drug development lifecycle
- Substantial experience and demonstrated success providing statistical support to clinical development projects via direct report or matrix structure
- Leadership/participation in cross-industry statistical subject knowledge groups
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development process and interdependencies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture established teams
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners at different levels. A demonstrable network of external statistical peer collaborators
- Positive change management skills and pedigree
- High degree of independence required, with proven ability to present data, strategy, innovation and respond to queries in public venues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Needs the energy, experience, and motivation to work across global & functional boundaries
- Travel – willingness and ability to travel domestically & internationally.
- Resilience – ability to overcome and motivate others in the face of a changing environment
- An In-depth knowledge of clinical trial processes in clinical development is desirable
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
- Our dedicated Biometrics webpage https://careers.astrazeneca.com/biometrics
Date advert opened: 7th December 2022
Date advert closed for applications: 7th January 2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.