Medical Affairs Manager – Breast Cancer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Medical Affairs Manager – Breast Cancer
Location: Pancras Square, London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 17 February 2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the service in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
We use our influence across the enterprise to shape our external interactions. Working across different markets and functions, we listen to all voices, which allows us to optimally represent them when we communicate our products externally.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and collaborators in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as cultivate greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
What will you be doing?
The purpose will be to provide Medical input to business strategic and operational planning for Breast Cancer, including development of the Medical Affairs plans. To do this you will be required to aid the delivery of clinical insight, customer focus and clinical governance into Medical and Business Unit objectives and deliver Therapy Area /Brand objectives as outlined in the Brand Medical Plans
The MAM will contribute to pre-launch and post-launch medical plans and contribute to the implementation of key confidence activities/projects working closely with head office and field medical as well as collaborate with AZ cross-functional team and external partner agencies
The responsible candidate will always act to ensure GCP requirements are fully followed and in line with the local QMS SOP and all other AZ policies and Standards, including the ABPI Code of Practice
You will also:
- Develop and maintain scientific relationships with key physicians to build customer insight and develop strategic scientific partnerships with key select HCPs/professional bodies
- Work collaboratively within the Medical Affairs and Brand Team to achieve jointly agreed Brand objectives and Brand Medical Plans
- Develop and leverage medical insight from internal and external customers into key activities, projects and Medical plan
- Provide expert medical input into key Market Access activities (NICE/SMC,AWMSG submissions)
- Work with the medical affairs leadership team to support internal and external educational needs, to create KPIs to define project success ensuring value-adding outcomes are captured
- Be a full member of the relevant Breast Cancer Team, coordinating and delivering Medical cross-functional input into the strategy, tactical plans and to share successes and identify/resolve issues
- Act as a final signatory for promotional and non-promotional activities / materials and work with materials originators to ensure that all materials are appropriate to undergo review and certification/examination first time
- Registered Physician (preferably GMC) or Pharmacist (General Pharmaceutical Council)
- Experience in Oncology, desirable Breast Cancer
- Prior experience in a Medical Affairs role
- Validated expertise in the ABPI Code of Practice
- Knowledgeable about the NHS landscape and set up
- Evidence of effective team working and accountability
- Higher Degree in Oncology (e.g. PhD / MSc Oncology)
- Member/Fellow of a Royal College of Physicians/Surgeons/GPs or the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Prior experience of the pharmaceutical industry
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.