Global Brand Planner / Global Supply Manager
Location: Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Are you an innovative supply chain leader with a passion for the patients we serve and a desire to lead in a dynamic, global environment? If so, then this job as a Global Brand Planner / Global Supply Manager at AstraZeneca is the role for you!
AstraZeneca is at an exciting time of new products and launches. We get to work with innovative and scientific products on our groundbreaking end to end supply chain, using the latest technologies and modern facilities
Here you can feel a strong connection to the patient. It’s what drives us every day. We are united behind one mission – finding the best solution to put our patients first. Play a critical role in making this happen, delivering our innovative medicines all the way until they reach our patients. Adapt and innovate at pace
Have the opportunity to play a role in evolving Supply Chain, reimagining how we do things, and creating a collective legacy. Unrivaled leaders in this space, we always do it the right way – with sustainable lifecycle management. There’s no better time to take ownership and reshape the entire ecosystem, from technological advances to develop more ethical approaches to our work.
AstraZeneca has embarked on a Supply Chain Transformation Program that is designed to deliver world-class performance, increase agility, reduce costs and improve customer service levels. This program includes 6 workstreams and includes the creation of integrated supply chains that run from procurement right through to delivery to the person at the end of the supply chain. This end-to-end approach to supply will also provide clearer accountability, greater transparency, and better, shared decision-making.
The Global Brand Planner / Global Supply Manager plays a key role in our vision of the future. The role owns and optimizes the end-to-end (E2E) planning within the tactical horizon for the assigned brand portfolio. Owner of the E2E tactical brand plan across all Supply Chain (SC) nodes, responsible for the supply chain configuration (Value Stream Map) and brand top-line performance (Service, Cost, Inventory).
As part of the responsibilities of this role, lead the brand Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to review the E2E demand, supply, and inventory plan scenarios and make aligned trade-off decisions, to fulfill the existing imbalances in line with business objectives. In this role, you will perform complete independent and dependent brand demand validation across the E2E supply chain, including dependent demand propagation to bulk and Application Programming Interface (API), as part of the monthly planning cycle.
Responsible for the brand volume budget (inventory, production, purchasing), ensuring all demand & supply events are reflected. In this position, the role monitors budget adherence throughout the year by gap identification.
What you will do
- Own the end-to-end tactical plan and design and ensure end-to-end synchronization whilst balancing service, inventory, and cost.
- Lead the Brand S&OP.
- Partner concern point for significant supply issues resulting from the Sales and Operations Execution (S&OE) process.
- Co-ordinate the Global Planning response in Supply Chain change projects (New Product Indication (NPI), Discontinuation, Flavour, Switches) and ensure the system is set up to accurately reflect the strategy throughout its lifecycle stages.
- Responsible for the brand volume budget and adherence to it.
- Play a key role in brand collaborator management
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in Supply Chain Environment (Manufacturing, Planning) and Supply & Operations Planning process
- Commercial experience
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences, or Engineering is preferred, equivalent experience will be taken into account.
- Advanced supply chain (inventory, capacity, and network) planning skills
- APICS / CSCP or equivalent certification
- Lean certification
If you want to make a big impact, this is the place for you. Our contribution to life-changing medicines is why people have been here for decades. We do it for the patients.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply, and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
Find out more on Social Media:
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/?hl=en
- About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 10th November 2022
Close Date: 4th December 2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.