R&D Procurement Manager
Job Type: Full time
Locations: Gothenburg, Sweden; Cambridge, UK; Warsaw/Cracow, Poland.
Play your part in impacting patients’ lives
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
As AstraZeneca launches the Growth Through Innovation strategy, we have created a single R&D Procurement group that will support the two new integrated R&D units – one for Oncology and one for BioPharmaceuticals (Respiratory, CVRM and INA). The units have responsibility for the value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs. The new R&D structure is designed to help us build on this proud legacy of scientific contribution, and ensure we are positioned to continue to translate our innovative science into even more life-changing medicines for patients.
This is an exciting opportunity as R&D Procurement Manager, to partner with AstraZeneca’s R&D units to drive their research efforts forward to develop medicines for patients. You will have accountability for a global spend category (single or multiple SET areas) within the Early Discovery space at AstraZeneca, supporting biologists, chemists and toxicologists with innovative solutions. Through partnering with stakeholders across the different functions, you will develop long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca or Region. Managing customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies, are key in this role.
What you’ll do
You will oversee implementation of market/category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans. You will support Director/Associate Director in the development of long-term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area and in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier), to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- Working alongside OGPS (Source to Contract Specialists) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinating the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analysing and resolving issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advising on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Developing, evaluating or managing internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
- Relevant Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Proven working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement or relevant R&D experience
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
- Experience in line management, technical support and project management
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next? We welcome your application no later than December 1st, 2022.
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
Opening date: November 18th, 2022
Closing date: December 1st, 2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.