Senior Director or Patient Recruitment - TA Focus
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
The Digital Health R&D Recruitment team enables better patient and healthcare professional experiences by delivering customer centric digital solutions for clinical trials and real-world healthcare. The focus of this role is to work with Therapy Area (TA) leaders in the oncology, cardiovascular, respiratory and vaccine areas to understand patient recruitment needs and develop appropriate solutions. The holder of this role will manage a team of Implementation Leads to configure Innovative Recruitment solutions and services for specific study needs. They will also partner closely with AZ clinical development, operational and IT functions to ensure broader business needs and constraints are met.
The role holder will also work as a member of the R&D Digital Patient Recruitment Leadership team to ensure digital strategies are aligned across therapy areas and define enterprise level investments and external partnerships.
What you will do :
- Work closely with Therapy Area and Development Operations Leaders to develop a Digital Recruitment Strategy. This will include channels such as patient engagement, data platforms and patient facing apps. The strategy will incorporate the broad needs of the therapy area, more specific needs of individual Global Product Teams and detailed needs of individual studies.
- Deliver the operational implementation plan for the TA Digital Recruitment Strategy, working closely with Digital Health Implementation leads to configure specific platform needs. Develop leading and lagging performance measures to assess and communicate clearly and accurately progress against plan.
- Be an active member of the R&D Digital Health Recruitment leadership team developing an industry leading R&D Digital organization
- Ensure effective and transparent risk, opportunity and issues management at strategic, tactical and operational levels
- Develop and lead a team, ensuring a constructive balance between challenge and mentorship. Ensure individual development of scientific and technical knowledge to bring innovative recruitment technologies to the Therapy Area.
- Deliver governance approved business cases within tolerance, on time, cost and quality working with functional management as required to resolve issues.
- Grow and maintain internal and external relationships, connecting the needs of key customers including TA, patients, health care providers and technology partners
Essential Requirements :
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or technology based subject area
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- A solid understanding of the drug development processes and the impact technology can have on these processes
- Experience in Digital Health with an understanding of healthcare
- Ability to lead and influence strategically and persuade thoughtfully, to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organizational relationships
- Ability to challenge the status quo, take ownership and holds self and others accountable
- Experience leading a development team and working in a global environment
- Passion for Patients and Customers, representing the needs of multiple customers in decision making
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being an excellent Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your ambitious spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive Salary and Benefits
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.