Procurement business partner - Oncology
Job Type: Full time
Procurement business partner - Oncology
Opening - 18/11/22
We believe in diverse minds coming together to build the best solutions. As an integral part of the Procurement team, we are a home for varied experts, talent and skills, continuously sharing our knowledge from across different fields. It’s a space that encourages speaking up, listening to others and exchanging ideas.
This role sits in the Americas and Global Commercial and Global Medical Procurement Team and is focused on business partnering predominantly with the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) at Global and Regional (EMEA) level.
The Procurement Business Partner will:
- Represent procurement to the business and be heavily invested in building deep relationships with key stakeholders to understand their business needs and objectives;
- Bring these business insights back into the procurement organisation so that business plans and requirements can be built into our procurement strategies and category plans;
- Help ensure requirements from the business are understood, that services are being provided effectively to the business and that key requirements are gathered and met in projects done for the business by procurement;
- Act as a key point of contact for the business and will be a trusted advisor, challenging where appropriate, and providing knowledge and expertise across all areas of procurement with a focus on commercial categories;
- Find opportunities for Procurement to influence and add value;
- Collaborate across the broader procurement network to deliver value to the business;
- Support specific procurement projects as required e.g./ RFPs, strategic sourcing projects etc.
The Procurement Business Partner will report into the Associate Procurement Director - Global BBU & Global OBU Business Partner based in Cambridge, UK but will also have a dotted line into the Senior Director OBU Commercial Procurement and the Head of Procurement EMEA and will be expected to collaborate and work closely with their teams to deliver value to the business.
The Procurement Business Partner will have accountability for spend across the business and will work across multiple commercial categories including, but not limited to; marketing, advertising and market research and will need to lead on individual business requirements, as required, as well as utilise the procurement network effectively to support the business.
The Procurement Business Partner will also work closely with the procurement category teams at global and regional level and ultimately acts as an enabler of to the successful implementation of procurement category strategies at business level and will ensure procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with strategic plans.
- Oversees implementation of above-market plans at global and regional level to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports the development of long term strategic plans for the business
- Supports in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that market and category strategies are highly aligned to current and future business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Works with relevant Procurement teams to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- Works alongside Global Procurement Services (in Poland and Costa Rica) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Analyses and resolves procurement issues raised at business level
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
- Supports the enterprise wide risk and sustainability agenda
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at a management level
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry preferable but not essential
- Strong procurement all-rounder. Technical expertise in at least one procurement category (preferably commercial but not essential) and competence in several others
- Proficiency with procurement tools and systems e.g./ Coupa, Jaggaer
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations and complex, matrix organisations
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development!
If you are already imagining yourself joining this team, we cant wait to hear from you!
Closing date 02/12/22
Competitive salary and benefits.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.