Travel Procurement Manager
Location: Cambridgeshire, Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Travel Procurement Manager
Macclesfield (UK) Luton (UK) Cambridge (UK)
Opening date 23/11/22
Contribute to our truly global Procurement team, which reflects the full diversity of the people we serve. Your voice counts: different experiences, backgrounds and ways of working are respected here. United by curiosity, we share insights to challenge conventions. By collaborating and innovating with each other, our stakeholders and our suppliers, we are creating the most competitive supplier ecosystem!
This role will be working in a complex, high spend environment, involving strategic procurement activities for travel including sub-categories (Travel Management Company, air, hotel, rail, car, ground, travel technology and health & security provider) as well as Travel & Expense supplier relationship management. Reporting to the Associate Director, Business Travel and working with external suppliers to ensure successful implementation of strategic sourcing. Within area of spend, take full accountability for successful implementation of contracts and ongoing contract and supplier management, including sustainability engagement plans.
The TPM has accountability for the travel category spend across the whole of AstraZeneca, leading supply side activities for both global and local deals. The TPM will develop short term sourcing strategies for projects and longer term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca with an innovative approach to sourcing and supplier management, whilst operating to AZ procurement practises. The TPM will work with the global travel team, key stakeholders and manage suppliers to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Accountable for sourcing activities for all sub-categories which can include high dollar value, complex activities and may be multi-geographic and/or cross Senior Executive Team (SET), along with some project based sourcing activities
- Conducts commercial reviews of complex procurement requisitions and Statements of Work
- Data and analytics for reports at Business Unit and SET level
- Sources services, leads the preparation of and solicits competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions. Leads development of evaluation approach and assessments
- Works with third party travel consultancies when required for specific sub-category initiatives
- Develops contracts and leads negotiation on agreements for the supply of both standard and complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Responsible for managing all Procurement processes and systems and accurate tracking and maintaining all documentation including the AZ 3PRM process
- Accountable for delivering Sustainable Supplier programme against targets
- Conducts supplier reviews including preparation of all relevant material and supporting documents
- Maintains supplier relationships and resolves complex supplier issues including escalated cases
- Accountable for ongoing management of contracts as agreed with the Associate Director Business Travel
- Supports Associate Director Business Travel in the development of long term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area for sub-categories
- Advises on development of sourcing approaches based on Category Strategies and oversees the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Oversees implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Maintains a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cash generation, innovation and broader value programme and reports it via the value tracker tool
- Works with Global/Regional/Market Lead(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned global category plan
- Works with Regional Travel Managers to introduce new and modified products and services across business
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers, Category Teams and other cross-functional teams
- Meaningful work experience, including experience within Travel Procurement and T&E space
- Industry and commodity experience
- People management experience (as applicable)
- Oral and written fluency in Business English
- Ability to use a range of influencing techniques
- Proved ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Supplier Management experience
- Proven ability to manage change
- Contract management experience
- Professional Procurement qualification
- Proven experience of change management
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development!
So, what's next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Wonderful! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
We welcome your application no later than 07/12/22.
Competitive salary and benefits!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.