Associate Publications Lead, Oncology
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Associate Publications Lead, Oncology role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
This position can not be worked remotely and would require three days a week in office presence.
The Associate Publications Lead, Oncology is responsible for the development of aspects of an integrated and strategic Global Publication Plan, in collaboration with the Global Publications Lead and under the supervision of the Global Publication Director. Have accountability for delivery of the agreed medical, scientific and technical publications.
- Lead development of specific elements of publication strategy and plan that is consistent with the overall Global product publication strategy and plan and Medical plan
- Acts either as a technical expert or supervisor in supporting the delivery of publication tactics
- Responsible for leading the identification and engagement of publication authors in accordance with ICMJE criteria and works with authors to facilitate planning, development and delivery of publications projects.
- Accountable for managing 3rd-party providers in the delivery of defined publications activity, ensuring quality and delivery standards are adhered to
- Project management of publications activities/deliverables within the function, across medical affairs and where required with 3rd party providers, this may be aligned to a specific tumour plan or across multiple indications
- Leads the design and delivery of training programs and skills development activities within the Publications Organisation and 3rd party providers.
- Promotes and adheres to ethics compliant with AstraZeneca Publication Policy, Standards, and processes.
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices and new relevant developments up to date
- Accountability for functional budget management and reconciliation
- Advanced degree: PharmD, PhD or MD in a science subject or biomedical degree preferred; bachelor’s degree in biomedical discipline or equivalent with in depth experience in publication management considered
- Knowledge of applicable industry guidelines and standards
- Demonstrated project management, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience working globally, cross-culturally and cross-functionally
- Awareness of pharmaceutical publication practices such as GPP and ICMJE
- Works effectively as a team member, utilizing contributions of other team members to complete projects
- Essential behaviors valued in this role include: continuous improvement and learning, effectiveness at building networks of partners and stakeholders, and ability to collaborate.
- Experience within the biopharmaceutical / healthcare industry or publication/communication agency
- Previous experience in oncology
- Demonstrated budget management skills
- Demonstrates diplomacy in dealing with difficult situations
- Experience in working in Publication tracking software such as Datavision or PubStrat
- Certified Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) accreditation
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally as appropriate
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.