Analytics & Insights Manager
Location: Cambridgeshire, Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Analytics and Insights Manager
Macclesfield (UK) Cambridge (UK) Gartuna (Sweden) Wilmington (US) Gaithersburg (US)
Opening date 24/11/22
Make a meaningful impact on people’s lives with life-changing medicines.
Join the team where everyone feels a personal connection to the people that we impact. From our science labs to manufacturing at scale, we are committed to delivering at the highest quality. It’s inspiring and rewarding work, influencing every part of the product lifecycle to deliver life-changing medicines. To ultimately make people’s lives better – from patients and their families to all of us in society!
External Supply and Manufacturing (ESM) supports the Operations strategy by establishing and managing suppliers across the world that meet our global standards. Through external suppliers, the team manages approximately one third of AstraZeneca’s value of production. ESM plays a key role in ensuring the external supply chains are robust and deliver value to AstraZeneca through driving continuous improvement.
The team also supports New Product Introduction through external supply, plays a pivotal role in integrating companies and products that AstraZeneca acquires and bringing innovation through supply chain programmes e.g. Market Access.
The Analytics & Insights Manager is accountable for the delivery and development of reliable business intelligence and data analysis services which enable data-driven decision making throughout the ESM organisation.
You'll be responsible for managing and overseeing the data management and reporting architecture in partnership with IT and ESM functions which provide solutions that ensure both internal and external data sources can be used effectively for analytics purposes to provide key reports that track KPI performance in the organisation.
You will support business insight through the manipulation and analysis of data using statistical, machine learning and / or AI methodologies. This will include the ability to manipulate and prepare data (structured and unstructured) prior to analysis, the development of advanced modelling algorithms, the presentation of data to help impart insight as well as the ability to articulate the implication of such insight.
What you'll do:
- Develop the Analytics & Insights plan by defining common objectives and strategies across the organisation to ensure data is used effectively and efficiently in support of ESM strategy and goals.
- Analyse, evaluate and report performance across ESM and provide analytical support within the Organisation
- Manage a set of KPIs for ESM and developing a roadmap with business partners to enhance them
- Provide data analysis and scenario modelling for strategic/business decision making
- Represent ESM on data management and review forums and partner with IT and the Global Business Process Management team for cross team and systems related topics.
- Design and implement data engineering methods and processes to collect data from inside and outside of ESM by crafting data models, policies, and standards that define and govern the type of data collected, how it is used, stored, managed, and integrated within ESM reporting and analysis activities.
- Support KPI improvement through exploring Root Causes of variances, working with ESM data owners to understand variances and explore opportunities to improve them.
- Contribute to the development of tools, best practice, playbooks, documentation and knowledge sharing in analytics and insights.
Essential skills & experience:
- Relevant Bachelors or master’s degree (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Math, Finance) or equivalent experience
- Strong MS Office, Business Intelligence experience and database knowledge
- Proficient experience in Data Engineering / Architecture experience with some technical leadership
- Experience in Analytics, Procurement, Supply Chain and/or Finance
- Experience with Supply Chain and Procurement systems i.e. SAP ERP, Ariba
- Experience of Data Science Modelling, Visualisation, Data Manipulation and reporting
- Ability to collect, coordinate, assess, analyse, integrate and visualize data and qualitative information from a variety of sources to assess business problems, build business cases, track and monitor performance
- Post-graduate degree in advanced analytics/computing, maths, science
- Experience with analytical software and dashboarding tools e.g. SAP Analytics in the Cloud, Qlik etc
- Good understanding of E2E supply chain principles including metrics.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare!
Competitive salary and benefits.
So, whats next!
if you are already imagining yourself joining this team, we welcome your application no later than 08/12/22.
Closing date 08/12/22
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.