Senior AI Platform Engineer
Location: Cambridgeshire, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Senior AI Platform Engineer
Cambridge- UK / Gothenburg – Sweden/ Wilmington – US
Competitive salary & benefits
Closing Date: Thursday 9th December
Do you have expertise in, and passion to work as an AI Platform Engineer by joining the Enterprise AI Platforms and Operations Team? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven Biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
There are countless opportunities to develop and grow with AstraZeneca – working with top people to build a diverse career and learn what Commercial looks like at its best. A crucial step on the journey to being a future leader – it’s a fantastic opportunity if you’re up for the challenge.
As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re encouraged by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
What you’ll do
As an AI Platform Engineer with an interest in building complex systems, you will be responsible for inventing how we use technology, machine learning, and data to enable the productivity of AstraZeneca. You will help build, deploy and develop our next generation of platforms and tools at scale.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers from across the company to understand their challenges and work with them to build the platform that underpins their research
- Be a part of a hard-working agile team, continuously improving AstraZeneca’s Machine Learning development environments, platforms, and tooling
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g., distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal governance and compliance functions such as Cyber Security and Data Privacy to secure our estate without obstructing end-user productivity.
- Champion a “production first mindset” to ensure the necessary infrastructure and platforms are available to scale exploratory research to production.
- Liaise with other teams to enhance our technological stack, to enable the adoption of the latest advances in Data Processing and AI.
- Provide the vital AWS Services to support the deployment and monitoring of ML solutions in production Optimizing solutions for performance and scalability.
Essential for the role
- Significant experience with AWS cloud environments & services (e.g., SageMaker, Athena, S3, EC2, RDS, Glue, etc.) is essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge of building data science and machine learning environments to a production standard.
- Modern DevOps mindset, using best of breed DevOps toolchains, such as Docker, Git.
- Experience with infrastructure as code technology such as Ansible, Terraform and Cloud Formation
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g., distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Strong software coding skills, with proficiency in Python, however exceptional ability in any language will be recognized.
- Experience with SAFe agile principles and practices.
- Experience working with internal security standards and frameworks
Desirable for the role
- Experience in implementing & maintaining GxP compliant life science systems, will be looked upon favourably
- Certification in appropriate areas will be viewed favourably. Experience building large scale data processing pipelines. e. g. Hadoop/Spark and SQL.
- Multi cloud experience (AWS/Azure/GCP)
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being an outstanding Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your high-reaching spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and partnership, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.