Statistical Science Director
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Statistical Science Director - Early Oncology
Location: Macclesfield, UK
Competitive salary and benefits
We are open to discussing working part-time (min 0.8FTE)
Play a critical role in making our pipeline accessible to patients.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Biostatistics? Would you like to apply your skills to impact all phases of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team dedicated to Oncology, with an ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It’s our big vision that unites and inspires us. With multiple indications and high-quality molecules at all stages of our innovative pipeline, we keep pushing forward. Fusing cutting-edge science with the latest technology to achieve breakthroughs. Backed by investment, we are aiming to deliver 6 new molecular entities by 2025.
We work on some of the most complex and interesting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
Main duties and responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible in leading the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation for indications/projects within an AZ product team.
You will provide leadership to statistical staff on the indications/projects so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations; through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions; quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
You will be holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables. You will represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organisations for specific projects/indications.
You will apply expert skills to investigate, apply novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration. You will mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena.
- MSc or PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related quantitative fields, or equivalent course work/ technical experience
- Understanding of regulations/developments in the area of Clinical Development and Biostatistics
- Appropriate experience as a statistician for the relevant position level with clinical trials, pharmaceutical development, regulated research, and/or related areas of statistical applications
- A collaborative mindset
- A general dedication to and ability to apply expertise to problem solving
- Experience with relevant statistical software
- Ability to apply statistical techniques in the analysis of data from clinical studies or other significant are
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Date advert opened: 6th December 2022
Date advert closed for applications: 6th February 2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.