External Engagement Manager - Southern Territory
Job Type: Full time
External Engagement Manager
Field Based – Territory: South UK
Competitive salary & benefits
Closing Date: 17th February 2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for External Engagement? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
There are countless opportunities to develop and grow with AstraZeneca – working with top people to build a diverse career and learn what Commercial looks like at its best. A crucial step on the journey to being a future leader – it’s a fantastic opportunity if you’re up for the challenge.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re encouraged by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Head of External Engagement (Commercial) the External Engagement Manager (EEM) will support delivery of a comprehensive external engagement strategy for AstraZeneca UK across Respiratory and Immunology Therapy Areas. The role includes supporting the delivery of the R & I Business Unit’s engagement strategy with selected and agreed Key External Experts and organisations (clinical, scientific and strategic service delivery pathways).
In this role the EEM will therefore develop key working relationships with the Sales and Marketing function (particularly supporting national translation to regional engagement activities through from national to regional implementation and adoption). This role will require close collaboration with the medical function (HO and Field based) thus leading and influencing flawless positive reputation of AstraZeneca from the key external collaborators. The EEM will be responsible for crafting and agreeing the tracking of deliverables and fostering forward proactively to optimize the resource and activity investments involved in advocacy both scientific and sharing of best clinical practice, meetings programmes and congress activity and responsible for selection of activities in line with all strategic brand plans for all R & I brands.
Essential for the role
- Multiple years experience in sales or marketing in Respiratory disease areas
- Degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable track record of highly successful and consistent commercial delivery
- Strong working relationships with R & I external collaborators, including KEEs from across the full range of the MDT.
- Demonstrated success in handling, completing and reviewing impact of complex projects including digital initiatives.
- Experience delivering desired results in a complex environment with multiple priorities and collaborators.
- Effective matrix leadership experience.
Skills and Capabilities Required
- Proven track record to deliver strategy and mobilise teams to complete without authority
- Professional gravitas and ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams at all levels throughout the organisations internally and externally.
- Impactful oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver clear executive presentations
- Proven track record to collaborate with internal and external colleagues in various geographies, cultures, roles, and hierarchic levels – enterprise leadership and growth mindset
- Understanding of the complex and evolving external engagement space with insights about trends, virtual opportunities, risks, and an understanding of external collaborators (payers, patients, health care professionals)
- Strong analytical mind-set and ability to quickly assess large amounts of information and distil into key messages and actions
- Integrity and high ethical standards, role model for living and demonstrating AstraZeneca values.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being an extraordinary Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and ignite your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.