Senior IT Business Partner- FTC Until 3/5/2024
Job Type: Full time
Senior IT Business Partner
FTC Until 3/5/2024
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, being a Business Partner? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Enabling Units IT strives to deliver phenomenal solutions and services to multiple business functions including HR, Finance, Business Development/Mergers-and-Acquisitions, Global Sustainability and Corporate Affairs. The team is comprised of over 330 team members located in 9 locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
You will work closely with the Controllership organization, Global Process Owner (GPO), Global Process Delivery Director (GPDD), other senior Finance partners and IT Business Technology Groups, bringing industry knowledge, business understanding and strong digital/technology competence to support in shaping new projects and guiding in-flight work. Outside of the core R2R functional scope, you will also collaborate with the Financial Controls and Compliance Group and Internal Audit in shaping and delivering their transformation journeys.
This role requires a hybrid set of technical, business domain, and leadership skills. You are expected to perform as a leader-doer with the ability to inspire and motivate an agile and diverse team of professionals in a complex matrix organization and lead a cross functional project team (s). The role is expected to partner with other IT functions across AZ in the delivery of programs. This role is a mix of delivering ‘Best in Class’ IT and building a relationship of trust with our partners, anchored by strong technical and domain expertise and continuous learning and development.
The core accountabilities of the role include:
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior partners, develop a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction
- Develop and maintain a partner management plan, conduct continuous collaborator analysis, and work cross-functionally to align on strategy and plans
- Assess and prioritize business strategic priorities in line with IT strategy, and influencing IT strategy where appropriate
- Drive Finance IT project/program (s) with potential to lead cross-functional IT teams
- Facilitate accurate IT demand forecasting, planning, and delivery collaboratively with other supporting IT team roles
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Partner with key team members on the development of detailed cases for new IT solutions
- Proactively find opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide competitive advantage
- Present and gain consensus from senior leaders for IT initiatives, demonstrating domain knowledge to gain credibility, trust, and commitment
- Work collaboratively across AZ:
- Finance business partners
- Enabling Units IT Leadership Team
- Business Analysts
- Portfolio Managers
- IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management
- Service Management teams
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Degree or relevant business qualification - Technical or Business degree; Master's degree preferred
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Finance business domains with focus on Record to Report
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical and scientific information
- Strong verbal and written communication / facilitation skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve objectives
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
- Substantial experience in managing and delivering business change through IT projects and delivering results
- Project Management experience, ideally in a Bio-Pharma IT environment
- Experience of building strong cases & mobilising high value investments
- Comfortable working across multiple domains and with ambiguity, has good judgement and can “get stuff done” without an overreliance on process
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic working partnerships with senior AZ internal leaders, peers and external partners
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience
- Experience of working with onshore and offshore suppliers
- Demonstrated understanding of quality and compliance
- Programme/Project Management certifications preferred
- Functional understanding of SAP and/or other IT platforms used in Finance
- Experience of coaching and developing others
- Agile development methodologies
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new groundbreaking technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 09/2/2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.