Advanced Planning System (APS) Design and Capability Expert/Lead (Supply Planning and Scheduling)
Location: Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit.
With constant new products and launches, there’s never been a better time to join us in Supply Chain and shape our future with a big contribution to life-changing medicines. The challenge to stay ahead in rapidly changing markets is what keeps us driving forward, as we continuously seek new and better ways to deliver medicines all the way to our patients. Our resilience helps us to thrive as we innovate and evolve.
We currently have a role as Advanced Planning System (APS) Design and Capability Expert/Lead with a focus in Supply Planning and Scheduling.
This role could either be an Expert or Lead role depending on the leadership experience of the successful candidate.
The APS Design & Capability Expert / Lead will have significant influence in designing AstraZeneca’s future state planning processes and ensuring the business requirements are met in the functional design of the OMP software solution.
What you’ll do
As Design and Capability Expert/Lead, you will partner with the Global Business Process Owner and Regional Deployment leads to ensure global and local business requirements are met via the functional OMP solution for Supply Planning & Scheduling. You will lead the future ways of working for Astra Zeneca and be responsible for the design of the OMP Advanced planning software.
- Co-create the future of supply chain planning based on a cloud solution from OMP in accordance with the multi-year roadmap.
- Implement functional business requirements to ensure that OMP systems deliver high-quality user experience and planning for the supply chain community.
- Work closely with business SME’s, business analysts in IT and the vendor to deliver new functional solutions and enhancements to existing functionality.
- Support /and or Lead the future state process design and documentation in conjunction with the APS Process workstream.
- Participate in the AGILE sprint testing to ensure system functionally meets the business requirements and assist in defect resolution.
- Support the program in the preparation and execution of end-to-end testing and user acceptance testing.
- Establish yourself as a system solution expert within your areas of expertise to support user engagement initiatives, training, and coaching of supply chain community within your area of expertise.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in a planning role in Pharma, CPG, FMCG or Electronics (Pharma desirable)
- Robust knowledge of end-to-end supply chain processes
- APICs Certification
- Lean / Six sigma (Green Belt)
- Ability to influence without authority and drive change
- Experience in design, build, and use of Planning systems (APS: OMP, Kinaxis, o9, SAP IBP desirable)
- Self-starter with ability to learn
- Able to explain complexity in simple language that everyone understands
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. We welcome your application no later than February 5th, 2023.
Interviews may be held during the application period.
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
Opening date: January 13th, 2023
Closing date: February 5th, 2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.