Personal Assistant - EMEA Supply VP
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality! We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring new ideas to life!
As the Personal Assistant to EMEA Supply VP, the ideal candidate will possess a high level of organisational and communication skills and also pride themselves on their attention to detail and the ability to persevere to see all tasks through to completion - This is a complex and busy role with plenty of variety to keep the right individual engaged and motivated.
In addition to basic support, the Executive Assistant will also provide senior level support to the EMEA SLT.
Tasks to include project management of functional activities and supporting the VP EMEA Supply in terms of strategy execution, analysis and business projects. As part of this, the Personal Assistant will be responsible for driving an own portfolio of projects. It’s an international role with collaboration with numerous high level stakeholders to proactively and independently support the EMEA Supply VP.
- Being able to appropriately prioritise the VP’s diary and e-mail correspondence, aligned to their partners and responds on behalf of the VP to different stakeholders maintaining high professional standards whilst meeting conflicting needs.
- Utilising insight into EMEA Supply to create communication material and to co-ordinate communication across the organisation.
- Uses desktop publishing software to craft more complex documents to support EMEA Supply.
- Independently and proactively resolve issues and challenges relating to administrative requests.
- Maintain and develop expertise in appropriate IT systems to ensure efficient use and provide expertise and support to resolve queries; pro-actively sharing learning within EMEA Supply.
- Accurately transcribes, types, formats, and proofreads a wide variety of material (for example correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spreadsheet software.
- Provides specialist project based administrative support when required.
- Coordinates internal and external Senior Management meetings / conferences
- Performs other administrative tasks using independent judgement and discretion.
- Prepares documents, presentation materials and official information releases and distributes to required partners
- Coaches and mentors less experienced secretarial help desk staff to help them resolve issues.
- Plans, organises, and schedules own workload through system maintenance so that all activities are completed accurately and on time.
- Undertakes projects or develops expertise as required to support the team or function.
- Extensive Senior Personal Assistant experience at VP level or above
- Confident and appropriate interaction with SET members
- A self starter.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills.
- High numerical skills and good understanding of Financials and KPIs.
- High Literacy, excellent written and spoken English.
- Highly focused Customer Service Skills
- Ability to quickly form virtual relationships with Peers.
- Specialist knowledge in relation to administrative/business support activities in the relevant area
- Highly proficient in the use of relevant office equipment and systems
- Experience and mastery of a variety of software/systems
- Thorough understanding of the Global Operations organisation, and extensive knowledge of how business processes interface to other relevant processes and information systems.
- Build and maintain systems for efficiency for both self and others
- Relevant vocational qualifications or equivalent experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.