Location: Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Personal Assistant & Administrative Assistant
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, executive administration? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Digital and Information Technology team in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven bio-pharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. We're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible
We are looking for great people who share our passion to helping patients and believe that science and determination can meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re curious about what science can do, and want to have a meaningful impact on patients and their families, then you’re our kind of person. We do everything we can to make sure each AstraZeneca person has everything they need to stretch themselves and see what they can achieve.
What you’ll do
As Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for the effective and efficient day to day management and organization of the VP, Commercial IT and Commercial Leader’s activities in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting area within the AZ IT team. In this role, you will deliver high-quality and innovative support to Commercial IT leaders. The candidate should have good workload management and prioritization, possess effective problem-solving and decision-making. This individual should be confident in working independently and with ambiguity, as well as being a strong team player and able to work in a global environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently and pro-actively resolve issues and challenges, ensuring delivery of day-to-day administrative activities and programs for Commercial IT organization
- Possesses excellent overall knowledge of customers’ needs and the business and utilizes this knowledge to provide proactive customer support
- An expert in company systems and administrative processes.
- Ensures personal compliance with all required company policies and processes including time reporting, required training, Workday information and expense management
- Establishes and maintain a robust professional network across IT and broader AZ administrative teams
- Act as the right hand to the VP, Commercial IT and Commercial IT Leaders
- Effectively handle special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint projects, and Excel reports under normally tight time constraints as needed
- Work with internal and external customers to help schedule meetings. Coordinate and handle large offsite meetings, including venues, catering, travel, and special events. Facilitate work though contracting routes, to enable rapid SOW creation and project initiation along with purchase order creation, invoice resolution and other financial administration.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite knowledge
- Prepare meeting agendas, presentation and read-ahead materials and minutes, maintain team contact lists, organizational charts as needed.
- Proficiently handle departmental budgets, purchase orders, as needed.
- Maintains awareness of new systems with potential impact on administrative work and develops personal expertise in new systems.
- Arrange multi-location travel itineraries and expense reports with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely action is taken.
Essential for the role
- Extensive experience in a senior administrative role supporting senior leaders
- Minimum of 5+ years of applicable administrative experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a global environment. Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments.
- Should be able to work autonomously, and at the same time, collaborate effectively with other members of the administrative support team.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Flexible to adapt to ever-changing needs and deadlines.
- Able to effectively multitask in a dynamic environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Able to demonstrate tact, persuasion and/or negotiation and maintain confidentiality.
Desirable for the role
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Ultimately, everything we do is for our patients. Underpinned by leading science, we use our skills for good – to positively impact lives across the world. There’s no greater inspiration than knowing the difference we can make.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.