Biologics Key Account Manager - Midlands and Cambridge
Job Type: Full time
Biologics Account Manager - Midlands and Cambridge
Location - Midlands and Cambridge
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, biologics, severe asthma or launching products in specialised therapies?
Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join our industry-leading BioPharmaceuticals team, where our rich and diverse pipeline speaks for itself. Never complacent, we’re evolving and accelerating – growing Respiratory, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, moving into Immunology and Renal. We are proud of our growth because of the huge potential to create impact as well as our ability to address the unmet needs of more patients than ever with co-morbidities.
What you’ll do:
You will play a pivotal role in launching a new biologic into the severe asthma market. You will take responsibility for a half-national role, driving the formulary status and commercial launch of this exciting medication. In this role, you will be covering the Midlands and Cambridge region.
Reporting to a National Sales Manager, you are responsible for developing strategic relationships with key influencers, based on a deep scientific understanding of issues, to create opportunities and improve access to medicines for patients.
Be part of redefining our future by thinking and acting differently.
Be part of delivering our vision to be the leader in Respiratory and Immunology by 2025. We need to build on our heritage and think and act differently to evolve with the healthcare landscape. From becoming a digitally enabled enterprise to accelerate launches. It means we are forward-looking, challenge the status quo, reflect on insights, spot opportunities and act on smart risks.
We have valued partners in all parts of the life cycle of AstraZeneca medicine, from development through commercial manufacture to marketing and distribution giving a broad platform on which to operate. We also use our experience externally, being well respected as external advocates in the regulatory environment and work with industry colleagues to shape new and changing regulations.
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us as a Biologics Account Manager in the Respiratory Business Unit!
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
- Significant Secondary Care sales experience with a sound knowledge of account management
- Track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, i.e., mid and senior-level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community
- Proven track record in influencing the prescribing decision-making process across key accounts
- Proven experience of working in complex cross-functional teams
- Business management, commercial acumen and financially analytical & conversant
- Strong ability to debate, discuss and negotiate with senior HCPs and DMU team members
- Business or Commercial related degree
- Wellard’s diploma or equivalent
- Current knowledge and experience of AZ designated territory and customers
- Significant Pharmaceutical sales experience in one or more of the areas below: Respiratory Biologics products, High-Cost Specialist Medicines (specialised commissioning), Secondary Care Respiratory and Biologics (other therapeutic areas)
- Experience of influencing successfully in a complex organisation
- Proven track record of launching secondary care medicine/worked in an environment with rapidly shifting clinical and treatment paradigms
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So, what’s next?
This role is open from 17th January 2023, and we welcome your application no later than 31st January 2023.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.