Location: Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Luton, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Macclesfield UK, Luton UK, Gothenburg Sweden, Wilmington US, Gaithersburg US, Södertälje Sweden
Competitive salary & benefits
Closing Date: 17th February 2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for scouting innovative technologies? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
The Technology Innovation team are an enterprise wide, global team who are focused on enabling the identification, rapid assessment, implementation and adoption of new technologies and novel ideas to build business benefit.
Partnering closely with IT & the business the Innovation Architect will lead and drive the discovery, evaluation, proving & realisation of new and emerging technology solutions into AZ.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Technology Innovation team to strengthen our Strategy Architecture & Projects capability with a role available for Innovation Architect.
What you’ll do
The Architect will ensure that common architecture decisions support both business and IT strategy and that architectures delivered for those domains are compliant with relevant AZ architecture standards, blueprints and roadmaps. The role will be also be responsible for providing hands on resourcing for Innovation Proof of Concept activities as well as leadership role in the technical aspects of the Innovation PoC & Delivery activities.
Expectations are to provide Enterprise Design thinking & support to AZ’s Enterprise for Innovation by:
- Participating in Architecture Assessments & Reviews either as Reviewing Architect or as a domain expert in the review team.
- Be accountable for the development of architecture standards, technology domain strategies, roadmaps and blueprints for core focus areas.
- Understand implications of IT architecture requirements to ‘As-Is’ architectures and define/update ‘To-Be’ architectures applying AZ architecture guiding principles.
- Support solution development efforts originating from portfolios, participate in IT initiatives and provide active mentorship and value for better planning and decision making.
- Maintain a view of the current and future state (1-5 years) architecture within a defined architecture focus area.
- Provide technical leadership within innovation process to ultimately realise innovation projects into service
- Link the latest new emerging technology (Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, AI, ML, IoT & Advanced Analytics….) concepts to real business use cases and opportunities.
The role will also be accountable to work with Innovation teams and technical teams in Customer Facing and Shared Services IT teams to enable Innovation Proof of Concept (PoC) and Delivery activities by:
- Performing technology evaluations – comparing different capabilities and recommending the solution(s) that suits AZ’s requirements
- Playing a leadership role in the technical aspects of the Innovation PoC & Delivery activities including ownership & execution of Innovation PoC activities.
- Adhere and promote the use of AstraZeneca’s IT development methodologies and practices, and will be familiar with applications/infrastructure that their solutions will affect
- Translate requirement specifications for Innovation PoC activities to environment and device configurations
- Provides technical expertise and support to Innovation and project teams
- Ensure Innovation PoC & Delivery activities are carried out in alignment with required processes and governance
Requirements – Essential
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent
- Confirmed technical depth & experience in emerging technology areas
- Experience influencing solution direction and standard adoption through the use of architecture capability building blocks, strategies, and roadmaps
- Experience of assessing, designing and delivering innovative enterprise IT solutions with a focus on end user devices or cloud-based services
- Experience defining and implementing business solutions under any formal framework for their domain of architecture.
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party suppliers
Skills and Capabilities – Essential
- Strong networking skills with good internal/external links
- Well developed communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Awareness of developments in the marketplace for domain focus and potential impact to AZ IT
- Travel Requirements – Global travel may be required
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.