Primary Care Account Specialist - North London
Job Type: Full time
Primary Care Account Specialist - North Central London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 12th February 2023
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Primary Care Account Specialist in the CVRM Business Unit, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment and foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint. As a growing pharmaceutical, our work here is interesting – building from scratch, working on a combination of products and modalities and securing a long-term future. It’s our patients that come first, every decision we make and action we take is centred around how we can better serve them. It’s why we are shaping patient care for the future, working along the whole experience to give hope to billions of lives across the world.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for meeting or exceeding sales and market share targets in your area for the brands you promote.
- You will be accountable for delivering against the customer and business objectives your Regional Business Manager agrees with you.
- Accountable for effective territory management – e.g. understand local NHS priorities to develop and execute effective call plans
- Contribution towards the delivery of the annual P&L and contribution budget, and Sales targets.
- Deliver against all agreed individual and team metrics in order to achieve Account goals, investing resources and budgets in line with agreed plans /
- You will be accountable for maintaining high levels of clinical knowledge in your specialist therapy area and high levels of NHS knowledge to understand the context your customers work within.
- You will be accountable for consistently achieving high standards of In call Capability, effectively using all promotional materials appropriately
- You will be accountable for always working within the AstraZeneca UKMC governance framework and ABPI.
Essential for the role
- Qualified to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
- ABPI qualified (unless new to representative role).
- Sales experience.
- Presenting with strong interpersonal, communication and influencing
skills (both with customers and colleagues).
- Awareness of external competitive practice.
- Strong results focus.
- Shows initiative and is self-starting.
- High emotional intelligence demonstrated through management of
Desirable for the role
- Knowledge of the customer and therapy area within area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of basic Microsoft programmes.
- Success in pharmaceutical sales.
- Degree qualified.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
- We welcome your application no later than 12th February 2023.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.