Senior FinOps Analyst
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Senior FinOps Analyst
Close date: 10th Feb 2023
Join us as a Senior FinOps Analyst...
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new insights to life.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Cloud FinOps team to increase cost efficiency of multi-hybrid cloud environment. We are growing our team of highly skilled and hardworking individuals who are helping to enable and evolve our FinOps capabilities. You'll work with groundbreaking technologies and ways of working in a large enterprise-scale environment.
As Senior FinOps analyst, you will be SME of Cloud Cost management to increase the efficiency & business value of Cloud through continual improvement.
- Show back & Chargeback
- Budgeting and Forecasting
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Foundation knowledge of Public Cloud – (AWS /Azure/ GCP) and Private Cloud environments
- Financial acumen, ideally within a cloud or technology context to support creating cost transparency, KPIs, planning, forecasting and budgeting requirements
- Strong understanding of FinOps (Cloud Cost management) practices
- Knowledge of all major public cloud providers (AWS /AZURE/GCP) pricing model
- Proficiency using third-party or cloud-native cloud cost reporting products and tools (e.g. CloudHealth, Cloudability, Cost Explorer, Azure Cost)
Other Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of the core Finance principles and basic understanding of the corporate accounting process
- Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and provide insights.
- Demonstrate the capability to tackle problems look for solutions and communicate these openly in a timely manner
- Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills
- Passion for cloud technology and ability to articulate the cloud value proposition
- A multi-tasking team player who thrives both independently and in a geographically dispersed team
- Strong capability to engage, collaborate and raise discussions with various teams
- Critical thinking capacity, ability to see implications of actions
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.