Biopharma New Products Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Biopharma New Products Lead (Market Access)
Competitive salary and package
Closing Date: 6th February 2023
Do you have expertise in Market Access and a passion for driving patient access for new products? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
As New Products Lead you’ll shape access strategy and policy for the Biopharma Business Unit's pipeline products individually and through a team of experts, play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca is a global, BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases.
We’re always innovating to offer better solutions: finding ways to get involved earlier, building value-based arrangements, adapting to different payer requirements and changing engagement rules.
A crucial function in the business, we look to the future, analysing trends and spotting opportunities. This shapes the advice we offer, as we translate it into strategic and technical actions across the enterprise.
We make sure our access is right for both patients and AstraZeneca, allowing us to gain value and reinvest for a brighter future.
What you’ll do:
You will shape an optimal access and policy environment for Biopharma pipeline products, lead a cross functional team, including commercial, medical, diagnostics, regulatory and policy. Provide national and regional insights and anticipate future opportunities to support successful Biopharma launches.
Collaborate with complex matrix of global and local BBU partners on UK new products strategy and with global biopharma marketing companies, providing input to investment decisions.
Leads on development of Biopharma UK new products' market access strategy including collaboration with the cross functional team to develop data strategies for national and regional access engagements, ensure strong collaboration with HTA Evidence manager and Health Economics manager in crafting strategy for HTA and payer evidence strategy and collaborates and establishes effective ways of working across AstraZeneca UK.
- Lead and project manage AstraZeneca UK engagements with NICE early scientific advice, NIHR and UK Pharmascan
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs and Regulatory on Early Access to Medicines (EAMS) for AZ pipeline products
- Maintains detailed understanding of how NHS environment works and how policies/ policy changes might impact access
- Represent AZ on external working groups to shape future access policy and raise AZ profile
- Ensure compliance with all AstraZeneca and ABPI governance frameworks and policies
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or NHS equivalent
- Strong healthcare experience
- Leadership and influencing skills;
- Proven record of collaborative working, and personal delivery to agreed timelines;
- Excellent understanding of the NHS and customer needs for value arguments based on clinical evidence and cost-effectiveness;
- Proven project management skills;
- Master’s degree in Evidence based medicine, Epidemiology, Public Health, Economics or related field
- Experience of working with NICE, AHSN’s, NHSX or Health Data Research (HDR UK)
- Experience working in the UK HTA/Access environment
- Experience of working with the NHS
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.