Product Operations Project Management - Digital Health R&D
Location: Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Luton, Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Digital Health R&D’s ambition is to transform healthcare, powered by digital, science and partnerships, to deliver the healthcare outcomes and experience that patients care about the most. Now we are further accelerating our transformation efforts to ensure we demonstrate the best in new technology and leading-edge capabilities to keep us at the forefront of future drug development.
Digital Health R&D is reimagining how we work to position AstraZeneca as an industry leader, making the development & delivery of new medicines easier. We’re doing this by harnessing the latest innovations enabled by digital, data & analytics and working with our people to design and build the technology and working practices.
This role will report to the DH Onc-Product Operations lead and provide project management support for the development and testing of DH Onc Digital Products such as CARE with a focus on scaling and deployment of CARE into clinics, serving as a key contact for internal and external facing stakeholders.
What you will do
- Responsible for ensuring DH Onc-Product projects are delivered to time, quality, budget, project standards, company quality standards, and align with AstraZeneca’s strategy
- Ensure effective and transparent risk, opportunity and issues are identified and managed at strategic and operational levels while enabling compliant innovation
- Execute product vision and strategy with strong communication and documentation practices.
- Develops and maintains process and technology required to effectively a portfolio of projects
- Acts as a source of knowledge in area of expertise, defining, communicating and implementing project management strategy
- Manages project organisation ensuring plans are optimal and meet overall goals of Project, Change, Business Improvement and Strategy Management
- Introduces new ways of planning projects electronically through use of current systems and resources
- Accountable for specialised research to deliver new proposals, co-ordinating delivery of best options or working models to enhance the effectiveness of Scientific Project Management contributions on a regional level
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices and new relevant developments up to date
- Leads and implements globally agreed Scientific Project Management and Clinical Development strategies including process and technology related to the function
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Significant experience in scientific project management and local regulations and developments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, with Oncology and / or product development background
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being an excellent Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your ambitious spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive Salary and Benefits
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.