Data Science (Data analysis & Pipelines) Summer Internship
Job Type: Full time
Data analysis and pipelines internship
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom (possibly remote but must be based in the UK). Full-time
About the organization
AstraZeneca is a global, biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection and neuroscience diseases! AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit www.astrazeneca.com.
DS&AI is a new department at AZ, and we are embedding data science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) across our R&D to enable our scientists to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines! The intern will be placed in the Data Science Learning and Development team, which is important in enabling data scientists to accelerate medicine development by providing them with collaboration, learning, and development opportunities.
We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards acquiring a Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Maths, Quantitative Biology, Physics, Pharmacology, or Bioinformatics for an 8-12 week internship contract during the summer of 2023.
As a Data Science Intern in the R&D Data Science Skills & Partnership team you will...
- Apply your computational skills to the analysis and visualisation of our training and collaboration metrics, bringing to bear on our existing data acquisition pipeline
- Support the team by performing novel analysis and deriving new insights to drive future engagement and training portfolio development
- Improve our reporting mechanisms by automating the generation of quarterly collaborator reports for all our activities.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
- Master's or PhD students pursuing degrees in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Bioinformatics, Quantitative Biology, Physics, Pharmacology, Bioinformatics MD, or MD/PhD background that meets eligible criteria.
- Technical skills in some of the following areas – Excel, visual analytics (Power BI), R
- Experience in data curation and manipulation
- Statistical knowledge, data analysis and visualization experience
- Competence in the development of tools and methods to exploit data in support of business decision making, including data integration and visualisation
- Ability to assimilate complex data into meaningful information for action and communication.
- Authorized to work in the UK
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.