Senior Pensions Analyst
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Role: Senior Pensions Analyst
Astra Zeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
As a high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society, and our company.
Here you will experience a fast paced and agile environment as we continue to support the business on a journey of evolution and growth, driven by new, exciting technology and digital innovations. It’s challenging and sometimes demanding, and that’s why we love it.
Senior Pensions Analyst
A rare and exciting opportunity to join AZ’s global pensions team, based in Macclesfield.
Reporting to the Group’s Global Pensions Director, you will play a key part in developing funding and investment strategy, overseeing the Group’s numerous defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes. The role offers excellent opportunities to gain exposure to senior stakeholders, as well as leading investment managers and key thinkers.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Providing input on strategic policy on all pensions matters (both DB and DC)
- Attending Trustee meetings to convey policy and provide support
- Input and challenge on investment policy, including: asset allocation, hedging, investment manager selection and ESG
- Helping to determine the Group’s liability management agenda
- Assisting in negotiations on funding and investment strategy with Fiduciary Boards
- Preparing and supporting briefings to key stakeholders
- Working with AZ’s financial reporting team to provide financial reporting information, including collation of asset values and asset allocation
- Liaising with Auditors, including organisation of pension deliverables
- Assisting with production of disclosures for Group’s report and accounts
- Leading on specific global, ad-hoc projects at the direction of the Global Pensions Director
- Other key tasks: ensure compliance with regulations, oversee longevity swap, cash management, custodial/tax documentation, payment of invoices and contributions
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Prior pensions industry experience, ideally either actuarial, or as an investment analyst or investment consultant/adviser in the institutional marketplace
- Knowledge of pension fund (DB and DC), regulation, valuation and financial markets
- Full or partial specialist qualification – Investment Management Certificate, CFA or Actuarial
The following key skills are required:
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to draft clear, written papers and reports to a high standard
- High Proficiency with Excel
- Work under pressure, able to respond to challenges in a positive and constructive manner
- Motivated and proactive, able to work as part of a team, but comfortable to work alone
- Able to take the initiative with a strong appetite to learn.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn - LinkedIn
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - Facebook
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - Instagram)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.