Global Category Manager - Consultancy (Permanent or FTC)
Location: Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Global Category Manager - Consultancy (Permanent or 12 month FTC)
Location - Luton (UK) Macclesfield (UK) Gothenburg (Sweden) Warsaw (Poland)
Take this chance to help us fulfill our purpose – pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Feel a sense of pride as you help to optimise our Procurement ecosystem of partners across the value chain to ultimately maximise patient outcomes. Our meaningful work means we’re always committed to doing the right thing.
We believe in diverse minds coming together to build the best solutions. As an integral part of the Procurement team, we are a home for varied experts, talent and skills, continuously sharing our knowledge from across different fields. It’s a space that encourages speaking up, listening to others and exchanging ideas.
As a Procurement Manager within AstraZeneca’s (AZ) Global Procurement function you will develop and deploy global category strategies and plans for the Consultancy area. Consultancy is a key category within Professional Services with a total annual spend of circa $130M. You will be accountable for the overall area which includes the subcategories of Strategic Consulting, Program Implementation and Advisory Consulting, Scientific Consulting and SHE Consulting.
You will have accountability for leading both demand and supply side activities. The demand is truly global, and you will need to interact with stakeholders from across the enterprise (multiple SET areas) to understand and meet their requirements. You will also need to collaborate with Procurement colleagues in each of the regions to understand demand and requirements from the local AZ Marketing Companies.
In our growing organisation and evolving function, there’s a wealth of opportunities, with unrivalled exposure and brilliant minds to learn from. With our commitment to being a ‘Great Place to Work’ you will develop new skills, deep category expertise and business acumen with an abundance of leadership opportunities. In short, you’ll grow as you transform lives across the world.
- Develops long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca. Ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- Manages customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Oversees implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Works alongside the Global Procurement Services (GPS) team in Warsaw in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified services with appropriate departments
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex services with new and existing suppliers
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at management level
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
- Experience of working within Indirects, preferably professional services categories.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So what's next? We welcome your application no later than 07/02/23.
Competitive salary & benefits package.
Closing date 07/02/23.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.