Global Medical Affairs Leader, Immuno-Oncology, Lung Cancer
Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise in, and interest in for leading Medical Affairs teams in Oncology? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground-breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
We are seeking a Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) to join our Immuno-Oncology team supporting our Lung Cancer Franchise - Reporting to the IO Lung Head, the GMAL will lead and develop the strategy of key deliverables and support the launch and lifecycle management of assets in our Lung Cancer portfolio. This position will work closely with Oncology Business Unit Medical peers to ensure delivery of integrated asset and indication medical plans, ultimately having full responsibility for the asset medical plan of single indications. Working in one of our largest tumour franchises, we are looking for someone who will excel in bringing clarity on the work to be done, the value it brings and be motivated by working with colleagues to ensure delivery.
What You'll Do:
Working with other internal teams and colleagues and responsible for development and delivery of key elements of the global medical tactical plan, the key tasks of the GMAL include:
- Manage multiple projects and tasks and works autonomously
- Manage elements of the brand budget
- Work together with Senior GMALs to deliver evidence strategy including ESR strategy
- Collaborate with Sr GMALs using scientific, clinical and competitor insights to inform and deliver a Science plan
- Partners with Sr GMAL to implement Expanded Access Program (EAP) strategy
- Serve as Strategic Lead for Advisory boards including developing a strategic plan for ad boards, shaping the agendas, and working collaboratively to ensure the right stakeholders are included in discussions
- Ensures Global Product Team awareness of key external developments (e.g. competitors, data releases, congresses, social media) and articulates the implications to the brand
- Develop an external education plan including delivery of AstraZeneca-led Symposia and other scientific exchange meeting
- Will manage and/or contribute to Global Medical Projects
- Ensures that all Medical and business activities are carried out in compliance with AZ standards, standard operating procedures and external regulations
- Minimum of Master's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent medical/scientific qualifications and/or significant industry and/or therapeutic experience.
- Previous proven experience within pharma/life sciences and/or medical experience (e.g. significant clinical/academic/medical affairs agency roles/organizations)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of multi stakeholder management
- Experience of leading on medical plans and strategic medical initiatives
- Ability to influence others
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Good understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payer access issues
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Advanced Scientific degree preferred (PhD, PharmD, MD)
- Previous experience in a Head Quarters Medical Affairs role or Global Clinical R&D
- Oncology experience
- Country launch experience
- Documented track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications, and external expert engagements
Location: Cambridge UK or Gaithersburg US
Closing Date: 21st February 2022
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours. Apply today.