Director - Commercial Digital and Innovation (Oncology) – International Region
Location: Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise in Digital Health, and passion for Digital Marketing? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of our patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovative biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and the global commercialisation of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives.
At AstraZeneca, our Digital and IT organisation is pushing the boundaries of technology to enable the smoothing of Patient and HCP journey through Digital Innovation and supporting the growth of the business through increasing innovation and customer centric attitudes, impactful launches and field effectiveness – all founded on deep partnerships with our business colleagues. Our internal capabilities are predominantly created and delivered by our global IT organisations and are cloud based and mobile enabled – this includes infrastructure.
Our ambition is to be pioneering in health care industry in identifying suitable technology to help patients.
International Commercial region consists of markets in Asia, MEA, LATAM and Russia/Eurasia. International is a dynamic, collaborative and fast growing business.
We are looking to appoint a Digital and Innovation lead accountable for partnering with the Region level Oncology TA. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner to the business, lead Digital and Innovation embedding in AstraZeneca DNA and transform the organisation to improve impact. We look to harness many innovations from across the world – including increasingly China.
This role works with the Region Commercial Oncology leadership team to shape the organisation’s future through applying innovation and customer centric attitudes and the implementation of innovative new technologies to improve patient outcomes and support the growth of the Commercial business. The role will play a key leadership role in upskilling the organisation for Digital including the application of agile and customer centric mentalities and methodology. The role will drive the Digital and IT vision and strategy and business transformation for the Region TA and ensure team and individual performance to deliver the business strategy and objectives. The role partners with the leadership team to identify portfolio priorities and areas for innovation. The role works closely with the Global Oncology Digital strategic team and their direction.
The role scope covers all markets in AsiaPac (except China, Japan), MEA, Russia/Eurasia and LATAM.
- Lead strategic partnering with Region Oncology TA leadership team – fully contributing to the definition and delivery of strategy. Support business change, acting as a single point of contact for senior customers, facilitating commonalities and alignment across the area.
- Work with the business area to develop strategy and portfolio performance metrics. Define and supervise the delivery of value of projects and initiatives
- Proactively find opportunities for innovative solutions to Patient, HCP and internal customer issues/challenges.
- Identify, shape and deliver opportunities for eco-system based partnerships which can impact cancer patients– and finding opportunities for x-region exploitation which can benefit the patient journey.
- Drive the scaling and embedding of Digital health solutions across markets – for example – lung cancer and breast cancer.
- Continue to embed Omnichannel approaches to the engagement of HCPs and strengthening the business upskilling.
- Embed Digital solutions in brand plans / campaigns – ensure measurement of impact.
- Represent Digital and IT at Region-level and gain commitment to initiatives by applying specialist knowledge of services and by marketing established, new and changed services to the customer groups
- Assess, prioritise and efficiently communicate customer needs, and initiate projects in partnership with the International Region Digital and IT team.
- Encourage proactive collaboration and communication between markets in International (and beyond) to ensure identification of standard process and commonalities.
- Proactively engage with Global Commercial Digital and IT functions to ensure that global plans are developed with an appropriate understanding of the Region commercial strategy, business requirements and constraints
- Oversee the delivery of the capability projects into the markets with quality, in partnership with business change leaders.
- Drive transparency on exploitation of channels/capabilities, increasing the value achieved from these investments.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Strong experience of developing relationships with senior internal customers and suppliers
- Deep experience of understanding (external) customer journeys and designing new customer experiences and solutions.
- Experience of designing and developing eco-systems including partnerships with the digital startups and government.
- Experience of upskilling leadership and the broader organisation for Digital Transformation.
- Consistent track record of delivering Digital solutions with clear outcome metrics
- Experience of applying agile and design thinking methodologies – and enabling transformation of the business organisational culture to be more innovative.
- Experience of skilling up the business leaders to drive Digital Transformation.
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global Teams
- Strong networking and consulting skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong change management
- Advanced proficiency in strategic planning, change enablement and innovation
- Strong experience planning, deploying and maintaining capabilities eg Data, Digital.
- Identifying and delivering POCs of innovative solutions
- Experience of leadership in a complex/geographical context
- Budget management skills
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to somethingfar bigger.There’s a diversity of expertise in ourTechnology group that’s unique toAstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new groundbreaking technology.We enable AstraZeneca to perform at itspeak by delivering extraordinary technologyand data solutions.Our work unlocks the potential of science.We optimise and evolutionise AstraZenecaby improving efficiencies and finding newways to drive productivity. From automationto data simplification.We’re not afraid to take ownership and runwith it. Empowered with outstanding freedom.A place to be open and transparent – we speakup, think creatively and share ideas. Our diversecontributions help us to make better decisions.But we have a constant aim to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards.It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment.We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply, and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 25th May 2023
Close Date: 9th June 2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.