Data Governance Manager
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Data Governance Manager
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide! Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
In order to deliver our Operations 2030 strategy roadmap, the Operations Data Office is now looking for a Lead Global Data Steward to join our team. You will play a meaningful role in the expansion of Data Governance across the Operations Business Unit, whilst ensuring alignment with Enterprise initiatives. Your specific focus will be Master Data Standards and Quality management to drive high quality data and process performance. You will also take a lead in the Operations response to Data Privacy legislation requirements.
You will lead the development of the Data Governance Framework for the respective area(s) and contribute to development of the Global Data Governance strategy, goals and roadmap. Apply deep domain expertise to drive solutions to sophisticated business issues and steer the triage and demand routing to the appropriate senior partners to influence strategies. Lead the direction of and manage Data Governance forums and multi-functional forums. Define and manage the reporting on performance of data governance processes, standards, quality and compliance within AZ functions and act upon outcomes. Lead Operations response to Data Privacy legislation such as GDPR and ROPA requirements. Lead the multi-functional development of Data Standards, including Master data, Reference data and Metadata. Lead the development of conceptual models, business glossary and ontologies across multiple partner interests.
Lead the development of Data Quality guidelines and rules and drive multi-functional adoption, for respective area. Be responsible for data quality issue management. Work with senior Data Owners and partners, to maintain alignment to data quality and governance strategy. Lead the development of effective procedures to ensure that each data asset is governed throughout its lifetime. Secure the definition of the data flow requirements to ensure data flows produced across the organisation are transparent, consistent, approved, stored and maintained. Contribute to Definition and execution of mission, vision, strategy, goals, roadmap and metrics for the function. Apply Lean toolsets to motivate change and improvement activities relating to your respective area, including devising the approach for communication, training and support.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Information/Data Science, Informatics, computer science, economics or related subject area – or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Significant experience and deep domain expertise within a relevant industry. Demonstrated knowledge of data standards, data management and IT management regulations, policies and principles, applicable to the Pharma industry.
- Experience of Business/IT partnering for the implementation of Data Governance-related solutions.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with data privacy
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a diverse, global team, within and across functions. Experience with global working and across cultures.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Demonstrate good communication skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Ability to lead and manage negotiations across a complex group, to a target outcome.
- Proven organisational change, interpersonal, assertiveness and negotiation skills.
- Experience of SAP and MDG
- Masters or PhD or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Information/Data Science, Informatics, computer science, economics or related subject area. Applicable domain knowledge, e.g. Therapy Area or Function.
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare.
- Experience working across the drug research and development lifecycle.
- Intimate knowledge of relevant key business processes
- Network of relevant contacts and relationships, including external links
- Data Governance and Data Management education and certifications
- Applied data management and data science skills, including experience with related tools.
- Experience in data ownership or stewardship
- Proven track record of publishing relevant data governance and policy topics in peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and other scientific proceedings.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
With constant new products and launches, there's never been a better time to join Supply Chain and shape our future with a big contribution to life-changing medicines. The challenge to stay ahead in rapidly changing markets is what keeps us driving forward, as we continuously seek new and better ways to deliver medicines all the way to our patients. Our resilience helps us to thrive as we innovate and evolve.
AstraZeneca is at an exciting time of new products and launches. We get to work with innovative and scientific products on our leading-edge end to end supply chain, using the latest technologies and modern facilities.
Ready to make your impact in the world of Data Governance? Apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.