Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
What we do
We are a global studio committed to making a measurable impact for our clients, their customers and their workforce. We work across the entire product lifecycle, from visioning and discovery, validating propositions to launching products and services that are valuable to both users and businesses.
Our studio is made up of passionate and versatile designers who are constantly developing their wide skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in product and service development.
But more than anything we are a team that looks after each other. We put the wellbeing of our designers at the heart of our culture. We empower our team through empathy, understanding and support. We advocate for this approach across the wider business and our clients.
The remit of a UX designer at Avanade is to apply a focused, human-centred approach to products and services, in order to create better experiences for people.
UX Designers work as part of a team, often consisting of other designers from different disciplines. This level of designer, usually will have 3 to 4 years of human-centred design experience.
They approach briefs, challenges and opportunities by working on specific areas and shaping solutions within a holistic experience in mind.
- Beginning to master your craft
- Beginning to master your tool knowledge and proficiency
- Beginning to articulate and present your thoughts and creative ideas with clients
- Enhancing your process knowledge and the accompanying tools
- Begin understanding process and strategy behind the work
- Begin presenting thoughts and creative ideas with clients
- Design and facilitate design thinking workshops
- Knowledge of design tools like Figma or Sketch — from wireframes to highly polished design deliverables
- Conducting research and summarising insights
- Opportunity / pain point mapping
- Persona creation
- Information architecture
- Workshop facilitation
- Journey mapping
- Visual design
- Design thinking methods
- Present internally with confidence and a strong point of view
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Make a successful deliverable that tells a compelling story
- Work efficiently with careful attention to detail
- Show strong problem-solving skills; ability to explore multiple solutions
- Make valuable contributions to brainstorms & workshops
- Enhance your Avanade knowledge (Talent Communites, Solution Areas, Offerings, etc)
- A portfolio of work which demonstrates attention to detail, understanding of design principles, and creative solutions
- 4+ years’ experience of UX, Interaction Design and/or Visual Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- 4+ year of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops.
- 3+ years' experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 3+ years creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 3+ years' experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 3+ years' requirements gathering and communication between all design teams, workstreams and clients.