Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you a Service Designer who is passionate about services that make a measurable impact on people's everyday lives? Avanade is looking for a Service Designer to join our rapidly expanding design team in our London studio.
What we do
We are a global studio committed to making a measurable impact for our clients, their customers and their workforce. We work across the entire product lifecycle, from visioning and discovery, validating propositions to launching products and services that are valuable to both users and businesses.
Our studio is made up of passionate and versatile designers who are constantly developing their wide skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in product and service development.
But more than anything we are a team that looks after each other. We put the wellbeing of our designers at the heart of our culture. We empower our team through empathy, understanding and support. We advocate for this approach across the wider business and our clients.
The remit of a service designer at Avanade is to take a holistic approach to services, products and business.
Consultant Service Designers work as part of a team, often consisting of other designers from different disciplines.
They approach briefs, challenges and opportunities through a wide-angle lens in order to understand and design for the bigger picture of experiences.
- Begin to master your craft
- Begin to master your tool knowledge and proficiency
- Begin to articulate and present your thoughts and creative ideas with clients
- Enhance your process knowledge and the accompanying tools
- Begin understanding process and strategy behind the work
- Begin presenting thoughts and creative ideas with clients
- Design and facilitate design thinking workshops
- Service Blueprinting
- Ecosystem mapping
- Holistic journey mapping
- Service prototyping Opportunity / pain point mapping
- Design thinking methods
- Workshop facilitation Research planning
- Primary and secondary research (executing and reporting on)
- Stakeholder mapping Persona creation
- Present internally with confidence and a strong point of view
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Make a successful deliverable that tells a compelling story
- Work efficiently with careful attention to detail
- Show strong problem-solving skills; ability to explore multiple solutions
- Make valuable contributions to brainstorms & workshops
- Enhance your Avanade knowledge (Talent Communites, Solution Areas, Offerings, etc)
- 4+ years’ experience of excelling at Interaction Design and/or Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- 4+ year of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops.
- 3+ years' experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 3+ years creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, fows, and wireframes.
- 3+ years' experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 3+ years' requirements gathering and communication between all design teams, workstreams and clients.