Avanade Corporate Citizenship Coordinator and Program Lead - Europe
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be part of this journey and make a great impact, transforming the lives of young people and their community?
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated, team player and result oriented Coordinator and Program Lead to join the Avanade citizenship team and activate the European initiatives.You will be someone who enjoys working with minimal structure but empowered to enable change, who thinks and works systematically and logically and brings strong communication and negotiating skills backed up with project management, technical skills and some social sector / citizenship knowledge.
This is part of the Global Corporate Citizenship team with a Europe primarily focused on activating our citizenship efforts, reporting to one of the European Citizen Council member.You will work closely with the Areas citizenship executive sponsors, Area leadership, Global citizenship teams, and Europe citizenship champs to support efforts in country to drive corporate citizenship initiatives.The successful applicant will also have responsibility for coordinating our citizenship champs program in the field and collaborating with marketing and communications, to amplify our message (internally and externally).Our Avanade citizenship projects run all the way from planning through execution and measuring impact, with many milestones in between.
Drive Implementation of Citizenship Activities
- Shape and manage the rollout of the foundational elements of Avanade’s corporate citizenship in Europe, including Avanade Gives, employee volunteering, STEM program, sustainability and a signature partnership.
- Manage the evaluation of options for a signature partnership for Avanade Europe
- Work closely with the various HR, Talent Acquisition to identify new activities representing a relevant opportunity for Avanade to further efforts to grow the STEM program and identify great talent our future leaders and workforce
- Manage the Avanade Volunteering ambition through collaborating with various team champs across various geographic regions to execute volunteering activities
Develop Key Messages for Area President and Area Corporate Citizenship Council members
- Partner with Citizenship and Corp Com to develop key messages on Avanade’s Europe citizenship for both internal and public engagements.
- Continue to embed corporate citizenship as an integral part of the Avanade Human Impact story, strategy, and business in Europe.
- Represent Avanade and be the citizenship spokesperson in the community
Internal Engagement and External Outreach
- Identify and partner with key corporate citizenship advocates across the company to catalyse and manage engagement and commitment.
- Build strong relationship with parent companies Microsoft and Accenture in Europe and leverage resources and support where appropriate.
- Build and maintain robust relationships with Europe Junior Achievement (JA), local NGO community.
- Foster and support local community-facing programs aligned to corporate citizenship approach, including employee volunteering.
- Work with the Europe Leadership and Corporate Citizenship Executive sponsor to develop Europe strategy, goals and business plan, track progress and follow up on accountabilities.
- Manage strategy execution and coordinating various activities.
- Coordinate with local champs, team activities, whether dedicated or volunteer.
- Track, manage and measure impact of agreed projects and activities to enable young people to transform lives and create new opportunities.
- Manage program logistics and provide support to local initiatives in Europe regions and/or countries, when needed.
- Organize Europe Corporate Citizenship Steering Committee meetings and calls, including building the agenda, facilitating discussions, collecting feedback, and following up on action items.
Process and Project Management
- Track accountabilities and follow up on meeting action items, deliverables and deadlines.
- Assist in preparing presentations
You really enjoy working with minimal structure and you work to enable change. You think and work systematically and logically, and your strong communication and negotiating skills are backed up by a passion and drive for Corporate Citizenship. We are looking for someone with:
- Extraordinary personal skills -- ability to interact productively with all stakeholders.
- Positive attitude, good judgment, and common sense.
- Highly motivated, responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Disciplined, focused, detail-oriented and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Comfortably works virtually across time zones and with various cultures.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoys intense, fast-paced, goal-oriented environments focused on results.
- Previous experience in community investment, CSR, and project management.
You balance a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs, and your business knowledge matches your excellent teamwork, communication and negotiating skills.
Your experience includes:
- Minimum five to 7-10 years of work experience, with demonstrated experiences in leading initiatives or projects with a flair for partnership approach.
- Prior experiences working in a global and virtual corporate environment in a project management or similar disciplines is a plus.
- Experience in project management and Microsoft productivity tools.
- Experience in managing or coordinating team activity