Cloud Security Advisory, Manager / Senior Manager
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Job Summary & Profile
- As a Cloud Security Manager, you know your clients’ data, security and availability needs inside and out. You have a unique ability to come at their problems from every angle, and you work with them side-by-side from the earliest groundwork through to the final experience.
- You will deliver transformative projects which define strategy, address technology issues, optimize business processes and controls, provide assurance, strengthen resilience capabilities, and reduce security risks.
- We are looking for people who understand how to design and implement cloud security improvement strategies. The ability to move a client to a secure future state through control assessment, risk management, technology and solution selection, governance and impactful strategy is a core requirement. We believe in hiring consulting specialists, ex-technologists, people from industry, people from pre-sales, academics, those who have branched out, and more.
The Opportunity at Avanade
- Avanade has been a leader in digital innovation for over two decades. We are building an advisory practice to drive and support our end-to-end security services.
- As part of this growing team, you will help us think and do big things in the cloud security space. You will transform client maturity, improve control environments, create new client offerings, lead engagements, sell meaningful services and grow a diverse team.
- Avanade was formed as a joint venture between Accenture and Microsoft. Our relationship with these industry titans enables us to work on a huge range of projects and use an exceptional resource and capability pool for our own engagements.
- Your Experience
- You have led and delivered a range of medium to large cloud security related projects. You have an excellent understanding of best practice cloud principles, technologies, processes, and current industry technologies, threats, and trends.
- You have commercial experience through owning and delivering successful RfPs. You can lead projects, manage individuals, oversee multiple deliveries, and complete business development activities to a client-facing standard.
- You can demonstrate SME knowledge in an industry sector, selected technical control domains and have notable strength in a particular aspect of cloud security e.g., Cloud Security Transformation in FS, Network Security in Legal etc.
- You have proven experience working with a broad range of security and cloud standards such as ISO27017, CIS, Azure Benchmark etc.
- You can advise on and define cloud architecture, suitable technology and solutions for client needs, cloud security control requirements, availability, data security, network security, suitable benchmarks, monitoring, and management of cloud security risks.
- You can lead cloud security and risk assessments, cloud strategy and cloud transformations. You are comfortable owning a client engagement in its entirety – resourcing, financials, project management, report writing, stakeholder engagement etc.
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.