Technical Advisory Lead, Europe
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Want to build new value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we!
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets passionate about the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative – and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us! Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
As a leader in Avanade’s Advisory Services, you will drive business consulting services as an on ramp to large scale technology implementations and transformations. Our Advisory services teams work with our clients at the C-suite level to clearly define vision and strategy and create strong roadmaps for implementation.
Aligned with Avanade’s Ambition 2025 strategy, Technical Advisory is a critical focus where we bring relevant technical advisory offerings to our business and technology solutions for our clients. Avanade Technical Advisory focuses on 4 primary domains in helping clients build solutions for the entire organization to effectively leverage the Microsoft Cloud Ecosystem: Cloud Advisory, Security Advisory, CIO & IT Advisory and Enterprise Architecture. The goal is to strategize and to execute the optimal way for innovation and realizing business outcomes with a strong Industry focus. Our team works closely with our Solution teams and other Advisory teams to provide a holistic set of capabilities for our clients.
The Area Lead role is essential in how we bring our Technical Advisory strategy, network, and relevant advisory services to life in the context of our clients, people, and wider offerings.
As the Area Lead, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, performance, and growth of the Technical Advisory business across Europe. This includes building a strong market presence, opening new market opportunities, and enabling regions to drive growth in their Technical Advisory businesses. You will partner closely with internal leaders to implement a strategy for identification, development, sales, solutions, and investments in Technical Advisory. This role will also guide and support our clients in successfully defining their Technology Strategies, investments, and operating models to support their business priorities.
You will also have the chance to:
- Engage with leadership and clients in strategic discussions to provide outstanding Technical Strategy and industry guidance to improve client’s long-term business objectives.
- Build the organization (finding talent, building the practice, interlocking with the regions, align with Accenture and Microsoft).
- Possess deep understanding of Technical Advisory trends and strategies for identifying solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives.
- Develop strong and positive relationships with client executives, effectively sell follow on Technical Advisory engagements.
- Identify, develop, and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions, and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/thought leadership development.
- Support business development/sales activities by working closely with regional advisory, account and sales teams to ensure proposition and solution alignment.
- Develop and maintain go to market strategies around Technical Advisory
- Significant experience in Technical Advisory Consulting positions from a top management or IT professional services firm, with experience managing projects, budgets, and teams.
- Expertise in delivering and leading Advisory Engagement including Cloud Advisory, CIO & IT Advisory, Security Advisory and Enterprise Architecture
- Extensive experience selling large transformational Cloud-based programs.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking, as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive problem solver, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of shaping and developing people capabilities in a highly matrixed environment
What we offer you:
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.