Cloud Engineering graduate programme, Newcastle, October 2023
Location: Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Start date: 2nd October 2023
Hello, we are Avanade and we’re one of the world’s leading IT consultancies. Owned by Accenture and Microsoft, our 65,000 people globally strive to make a genuine human impact and are transforming businesses for the digital era.
Today we are the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem.
Our enthusiasm for each other and our work has and continues to take us far. Avanade has 32,000 Microsoft certifications and we’ve been named Microsoft Alliance Partner of the Year 17 times.
Together we do what matters
Greater than our credentials is our impact on the world around us. We’re working with an energy company to repopulate coral reefs, and we developed an AI chatbot to provide instant answers to tax questions for a leading engineering company. And, in the early days of COVID-19, a group of employees created an app that helped track ventilators across stretched healthcare systems.
Avanade’s Software Engineering and Infrastructure Teams are on the lookout!
Avanade’s Software Engineering and Infrastructure teams are looking for ambitious graduates to join an accelerated training programme and to bring their technical passion and skills into our graduate VelocITy programme.
As part of this programme graduates can expect 3 months of training run in partnership with a market leading training provider. The skills and development offered by this bespoke training will set you on an accelerated path to launch into a fantastic Modern Cloud Engineering consultancy career with a focus on Microsoft Azure.
Upon submitting your application and CV, please attach a Word Document explaining what you think you can bring to this programme. Cover letter not required. (Up to 150 words.)
Learn about Avanade's VelocITy graduate programme:
- Technical Training:Avanade have partnered with an external training provider to provide a bespoke training programme. This is us investing in you to provide 3 months of core training led by professionals. We will of course be on the scene too- you will get lots of time to check in with your Avanade Career Advisors, buddies and Subject Matter Experts- these people will help give you the Avanade spin on all of your learning so each day helps you develop towards your career goals.
- Communications Training:will help develop the consultancy skills you need to grow as a professional, consultant or (if you want to be), a leader.
- Developing your career through industry qualifications: during your first 6 months, your performance will be reviewed through group work and hackathons. You can also expect to complete 3 Microsoft Azure certifications within the first 12 months of your role bringing you bringing you quickly up to a certified professional level.
- Career Advisors:Every Avanade employee is assigned a Career Advisor (who you will meet weekly) and a buddy to support throughout your career at Avanade.
- Avanade Early Talent: As a member of one of our graduate programme, you will be part of a wider early talent community in our Avanade Early Talent. The AET directly supports junior people across the company ensuring high quality and sustained training, career mentoring, support, and engagement. The AET is a springboard for networking as you start out at Avanade, integrating you closely with friends and colleagues across the business.
- Progressing your career: Upon completing the 3-month VelocITy training, you will move into live project environments, enabling you to use your new skills as a fully-fledged consultant! And don’t panic, your Career Advisor will be on hand to help ensure a smooth transition as you take your first steps!
What’s on offer?
We offer competitive salaries complemented by an extensive benefits package which a includes £2,000 sign on bonus and discretionary company bonus. £30,000 out of London and £35,000 London
We are dedicated to providing what you need to do and be your best. Flexible work arrangements are becoming more common so people can do good work while having a good life.
- Generous extended benefits allowance per year- treat yourself!
- Flexible bank holidays
- Private healthcare and dental cover (BUPA)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (after first 6-months)
- Pension scheme contributions
- Unlimited volunteering time (plus many opportunities to volunteer!)
- 80+ hours of technical training and development courses per year
- Electric Car Allowance (Senior Analyst Level and above)
- 25 days holiday
- 30 days holiday after 3 years of service
- Flexible bank holidays
Who are you?
- Degree: Any enabling demonstration and development of applicable role skills. Examples include but not limited to: Computer Science | Data Science | Engineering (any) | Mathematics | Physics | Natural Sciences | Information Technology.
- This is a technical role so maybe you are looking to learn or improve in Microsoft technologies like Azure / DevOps, C#, Java, C++, Python UML Cloud Technologies
- Evidence of interests and passion in technology
- Readiness to engage with a 3-month training course.
- Ability to adapt and apply existing skills to new learning and technologies
- Readiness to get involved with different work, projects and locations
- Strong teamworking skills
- Willingness to develop excellent communications skills (your role may develop into client facing positions!)
The Application Process
- Role Registration: October 2022
- Application should include a Word Document attachment alongside CV explaining what you think you can bring to this programme (Up to 150 words)
- Video screening call: October – December
- Invite to interview: Rolling
- Application closes: January 2023
- Assessment Centre including Group Exercise / Interview / Case Study: March 2023
- Follow up and feedback: March 2023
- Note interview process currently expected to be hosted remotely.
Please be advised that regrettably we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role. Your eligibility to work and remain in the UK will be checked by a member of the team before screening.
Want to know more?
Infrastructure at Avanade:
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be involved in designing and maintaining our clients’ Microsoft cloud infrastructure, operating systems, networking, security, collaboration platforms and the accompanying systems management. We will further develop your expertise in implementation strategy, architecture, design, automation, upgrades, and migrations, helping deliver mission critical infrastructure and processes that support our clients in making a genuine human impact with their users/customers.
Software Engineering at Avanade:
As a Solution Developer, your focus will be on developing and testing mission critical enterprise solutions, implementation of custom application development and selection using any version of the .NET Framework, C#, native Azure technology, Windows 11, and other advanced components of Microsoft technology as well as working with industry leaders and other innovative technologies.
And for the important stuff...What do we stand for?
Together we believe everyone counts.
We believe in diversity. Diverse teams and an inclusive environment are critical to innovation and future growth. Our mission is to create an environment where employees can do their best work.
We know that a chorus of different voices makes for a richer sound. We want you to be comfortable being who you are at work. That means being in an environment where everyone else is free to be who they are, too.
We are working hard to make the technology industry more diverse. You can help us change that with your presence and your attitude. Our Inclusion & Diversity programme is a driving force in our company culture and helps us live one of our values—We believe everyone counts. Including you.
Together we connect.
Yes, we appreciate a variety of perspectives—it adds richness to our work. And yes, we understand that there are huge upsides to connecting with people who know where you’ve been and what it’s like to be you. That is why we have a bunch of employee networks where people can come together through that avenue of shared interests, background, and experiences. Employee groups do great things to create a more diverse, understanding, celebratory workforce.
Together we become a part of something bigger
Do you want to do good work, but also work that does some good in the world? Us, too. Joining Avanade means sharing our purpose—to make a genuine human impact—and helping us become a more responsible business. With forward-looking leadership and a commitment to sustainability, we can offer you the chance to make a real—and positive—difference for our clients, your Avanade colleagues, and your community.
Life comes first
There’s more to life than work. You’ll get the opportunity not just to make a positive human impact on the world while also experiencing all it has offer. We want you to experience the joy of family dinners, the thrill of outdoor adventures, the connection of volunteering in our communities, and the importance of self-care. You can’t be who you are without a flexible culture that allows you to log on when and where you work best. Because we know your best self does your best work.
You will be based in Newcastle, (Cobalt Business Park), Manchester (Circle Square) or London (Cannon Street) with expectation to be working on client site when required. Our headquarters are in Seattle, and our reach is worldwide. With 65,000 professionals and over 80 offices in 25 countries, you'll partner every day with colleagues from around the world, leveraging the latest technologies to keep you connected to your team, your client and your work.
Avanade is made up of nearly 65,000 individuals. People who share a passion for technology, who push beyond their comfort zone and always bring an open mind and who really care about making a genuine human impact at work. We invite these people to bring their authentic, whole selves into a place that welcomes curiosity as a spark to innovation. We put them together to solve some complex challenges and bring to life possibilities for our clients around the world—companies, non-profits, and government agencies that know the future is digital and look to us to help them get there with the power of people and Microsoft technology.